live,,",likes it like that"

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jardim do mar

live,,",likes it like that"

Post by jardim do mar » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:49 pm

that is, as a stand alone ,, anyone else finding live 4 rock soild(as a stand alone ) when using all it's content,, effects, midi loops and so on ,when I use live with cubase ,sonar ,acid ,vegas ,audition, live is unstable, freezing.stuttering, sometimes midi doesn,t work and or I lose my midi controller, audio loops crackel ...amongst other strange things ,, also ,if I try to load some wave tracks about 30 ,800 mb,, live wigs out, I have no problem using live as a stand alone... maybe it's just a workflow thing,, live is used for live performances and it rocks in that aspect but in the studio I'm having a hard time with it... I'm not flaming,,just curious,,,,

gateway laptop P4 tascam us-428 sound device
windows XP home, is where the heart is
512 ram
60 gb
2.5 ghz

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:24 am

its not live its your gateway

jardim do mar

Post by jardim do mar » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:03 am

I have the same results using a compaq presario 3000 laptop... what do you use?

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:59 am

What is the point of running Live4 inside another program?

jardim do mar

Post by jardim do mar » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:31 am

"What is the point of running Live4 inside another program?"

I use it as a rewire slave ,,within cubase,sonar ,acid, Fl studio and audition, I also use live as a rewire host with P5.I tried to use live as a audio editor witin vegas, the benefit of using live with other programs is best described as" having more colors to paint a picture or having more tools to build a house", it's part of the creative process.. this is what I do,,, As of now ,I find live extremely intuitive ,as a (stand alone)
cause for me,, it likes it like that..... my intentions are to see if any one else has a workflow similar to mine,, and what they are experiencing and adjusting working with live 4

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:13 pm

Just a thought, could be way off base, but are the computers you are using H/T enabled? I just learned the beauty of turning off one of the CPUs for LIVE on my computer, and LIVE is (if it were possible) running better now!

I didn't notice it too much in LIVE3, could still get really low latencies with H/T on, but in LIVE4, with about 8 audio tracks with a lot of effects, and 2 instances of VSTis, I would hear crackling (even with only ~30% CPU usage), once I switched off one of the CPUs for LIVE in the task manager everything was crystal clear...

Again, just a thought.
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

jardim do mar

Post by jardim do mar » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:03 pm

thanks, I don,t have H/T on my two laptops,,,,as of now,, I'm thinking maybe it's my tascam,,,, I'm hoping more people chime in with thier experiences,,,