Love Live Software, but dissapointed by company strategy

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Svetla

Love Live Software, but dissapointed by company strategy

Post by Svetla » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:47 am

I have been a live user since version 3. I have purchased every update and operator.
I am very upset though when I look at version 7. Except for slicer and drumrack(which are AMAZING), most of the updates are small things that should have been done in the first place.
a)make Hi-QUality mode
b)improve midi tiiming
c)time signatures
d)improved Audio engine
e)sidechain compressor

I am getting teh feeling that every year, ABleton leaves things incomplete on purpose so that you will have to update the next time.
why dont they ever offer any free updates with new features? Improve what is there, waht we already paid for, instead of trying to hook us for the next update.
I know it is business, but I think at this point with a more competitive market (Logic Studio, REaper, etc)it would be wiser for them to keep their supporters loyal, rather thahn becoming just another typical software developer.
Just my thoughts.
Would love to hear their thoughts on this

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 pm

There have been over one zillion posts on this subject recently. I know the forum search function sucks, but I think with a slight bit of effort you could find pages of arguments about these points.

And yeah Ableton, quit DOING IT ON PURPOSE! It's not nice.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:56 pm

You should consider Pantaloons Superiour version Mobius...

PSvM has a quantum feature set. Basically, it has every feature you want right now AND every feature that will be requested in the future. only suckers use software made by companies that have to actually update their software.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Can I upgrade from Pantaloons Superior LE for free?