new sounds???

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Aamos

new sounds???

Post by Aamos » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:39 am

hey guys and girls.. where are the new sounds created by users/
for now reason wins for me. it looks simpler.and there are milions of sounds coming in made by users and pro's.it would be nice if there are new sounds available....anyone|?

tiedyetrogdor

Post by tiedyetrogdor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:09 pm

I don't know if everyone would agree with me here, but the general consensus seems to be that Live is more for the organization and consolidation of all the pieces. You make the pieces other places.

Reason can make some great sounds. Sample libraries are helpful. And you know, you can put samples into Impulse or Simpler. Try messing around with that. You should also get to know KVRaudio.com. Wonderful site full of VST instruments and effects. You can get any sound in the world in a VST these days...

Aamos

new sounds

Post by Aamos » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:33 am

thank's for the reply.i was thinking what you just wrote and i had the idea that ableton was nothing more than a elastic audio stretcher and recorder.wich is great.i just have to let go of my whishes and work together with the other programs,,,(was thinking if to buy the new ableton or.....a new computer and the new reason. this makes it simple...thank's

tiedyetrogdor

Post by tiedyetrogdor » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:40 am

Now, don't get discouraged just because it doesn't come with lots of cool sounds! I mean, GarageBand is fun because it comes ready to play with out of the box. But Live is Light years ahead of GarageBand, Acid, etc. If you ask me, Ableton Live in and of itself IS an instrument. Set up Eno-style tape loops, vocoders, sequencers, and all live...It really is incredible, I think.

Aamos

new sounds

Post by Aamos » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:23 am

you are wright. you can do lots of things with ableton that youcan not do with others. but for sounds it is lots easyer to fool around with the buttons in reason and wave forms to create bizar sounds, and together you have a increddible monster machine

vivaplex

hmm...

Post by vivaplex » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:58 pm

I stopped using Reason the instant that Live got MIDI capabilities. In my experience, Reason demonstrates a characteristic tonal quality that betrays its emulationary genesis. (tin-can alias-digital fluffer-nut)

For instance: The Beastie Boys used Reason to compose the entirety of "To the Five Boroughs". I knew when I heard it that some of my own timbrel nightmares were writ large therein...and only found out later that they were using the same program that was causing my own ill communication.

That being said, the thrust of the updates I never bought seem like remedy proposals.

-fred
What It IS