Purchasing Live via online store vs. other retailer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrjameskent

Purchasing Live via online store vs. other retailer

Post by mrjameskent » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi all

I'm going to purchase Live within the next week or so, but wanted to get advise on whether I'd be better off purchasing the boxed version or the download version. I already have a great book about Ableton so don't know if the EIC is worth the additional money?

And whether I'd be better off purchasing from the Ableton store online or going to my local retailer (Turnkey in London).

Thanks in advance.
James

aredj

Post by aredj » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:52 pm

I guess that depends how how much you would like to have the boxed version (which may include some sample goodies?) and a hard copy manual vs. a pure download from ableton (slighly cheaper but immediate and you don't even have to stand up to get it).

Also if you buy it locally, you would be supporting your local music shop, which would make me happy if I was the owner of such an establishment. Ableton gets the sale either way.

options options...

p.s. I've been using Live since ver 1.0 and I almost always find something useful in the manual. There are lots of subtle details that can avoid a user for years. Thats where the hard copy comes in handy... I actually kept it in the bathroom for a time with the magazines :o