Live service levels...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kovacs

Live service levels...

Post by kovacs » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:16 pm

I understand the need to get the "good news" out regarding Live 7. It looks like a decent update.

But what worries me is that I am unable to unlock Live on my new iMac because I'm out of unlocks. I *specifically* asked Ableton to add unlocks to my account because I ran out earlier this summer, and knew I was getting a new iMac. I no longer have access to my old MacBook Pro (because I switched jobs and it belonged to my employer).

I am simply sitting around waiting for support to respond to my plea for help when I get the announcement that Live 7 is to be expected (although not or some time).

So...dear Abletons - while you're celebrating the news, can you please bother to check the support e-mail now and then... :!: :?:

You gotta get this unlock system in order. Some way to deregister all other machines or something...like iTunes has. At least have the decency to list the amount of unlocks available.

Regards,
a happy but annoyed long-time Ableton user!
2011 MacBook Pro 13" 10.9 // Live 9 Suite // Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 pm

That's crazy. How many machines have you had it on? I've installed on 3 different macs over the last... almost 5 years now and have never had to ask for an unlock. I only have it installed on 2 machines at any one time, and have since ditched the oldest mac, but I wipe my hard-drives and re-install once a year and have never had this problem.

Anyway, don't sweat it. I'm sure you know these posts come up occasionally but I've never seen one go unresolved. Most likely they'll get back to you after the weekend.

kovacs

Post by kovacs » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:00 pm

I'm sure they'll get me sorted. I have installed Live on a total of 3 macs (including the current one) and 1 PC which has had a few hard drive crashes and therefore have needed several unlocks due to hardware upgrades.

But it would still be cool to have a "remaining unlocks" figure on the License page so that you know that you're in the green when you have to install during a weekend.

kovacs

Post by kovacs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Sorted! It took two days but I got a friendly e-mail response and can finally use Live again. :D

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:08 pm

kovacs wrote:Sorted! It took two days but I got a friendly e-mail response and can finally use Live again. :D
.... it took... two days? You mean you were complaining that they didn't handle support during the weekends?

gaspode

Post by gaspode » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Machinate wrote:
kovacs wrote:Sorted! It took two days but I got a friendly e-mail response and can finally use Live again. :D
.... it took... two days? You mean you were complaining that they didn't handle support during the weekends?
Yeah, if they are working over they weekend I'd hope they are sorting out bugs in Live 7 :)

kovacs

Post by kovacs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Machinate wrote:
If you read my initial post you might notice that my complaint was that they took the time to send out press releases on Sundays, but they didn't bother reading support e-mail. :wink:

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:49 pm

kovacs wrote:
Machinate wrote:
If you read my initial post you might notice that my complaint was that they took the time to send out press releases on Sundays, but they didn't bother reading support e-mail. :wink:
Ah. I could go on about how Ableton is comprised of more than one person, but tha would really be uncalled for.

kovacs

Post by kovacs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Machinate wrote:
kovacs wrote:
Machinate wrote: .... it took... two days? You mean you were complaining that they didn't handle support during the weekends?
Ah. I could go on about how Ableton is comprised of more than one person, but tha would really be uncalled for.
Yes, it would. And completely unnecessary, as I also stated that I asked Ableton to up my unlocks months ago, and they confirmed that this had been done - yet I still could not unlock it. :roll: