Sampler and Operator should be bundled with Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Lazos

Post by Lazos » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:52 pm

sqook wrote:
Taiis wrote:For Ableton to take such an argument seriously, you would have to argue that they would make more money with sampler and operator bundled, not that "Other daws do it". That's just like saying "But the other kids get to do it? why can't I?".
That is my argument, essentially.

If ableton wants to be serious about attracting DAW customers, they should offer similar tools to what other DAW's have. It's not just that "the other kids do it", it's that it makes live more attractive as a DAW platform and not just the "new kid on the block". I would wager that including sampler and operator would probably yield more profits from sales of live than selling them independently does... but of course, I have no way to prove that. :)
I agree with you here sqook. This was sort of part of my original thinking, but it was better articulated by you. From my experiences with Sonar, Cubase, and Nuendo, that's one of the main things I miss in Live.

Lazos

Post by Lazos » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:58 pm

I guess I want it all :) A great DAW environment (Which except for a few minor peeves, it is) AND a great live performance sequencing instrument.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Bundled sampler and operator would be nice

yes
Ableton | Elektron

Music

nate_D

Post by nate_D » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:35 pm

agreed!
Macbook 2ghz c2d, 2gb ram, osx 10.5.5, live 8.0.8, fw-1884, ms20, x-session, 2xLP

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:50 pm

I always thought it was a bit tight not to have made them part of Live, they already are anyway, i have to download them and have a menu option to hide the damn things so I don't get tempted. :lol: I'm doing ok so far with that one but it'd be most welcome if they were included as part of the next major update. They're far to expensive anyway, especially when you see what other software companies create for less.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:12 pm

they will only bundle them when they have squeezed every penny they can from selling them seperate

:twisted:
HA HA HA :twisted:

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 pm

this is all bullshit.
make more money and you don't have this probs.
i own all tools from ableton, and i still think that live in the basic version is the most inspiering sequencer on the market. ifu need operator, buy it, it is worth every cent. if you want logic,convert to a macci and shut up.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:36 am

Haselmeier wrote:i still think that live in the basic version is the most inspiering sequencer on the market.
Yeah, me too. It's one reason I've not been that tempted by Operator and Sampler really, I can do pretty much all I want with Simplers and racks and the rest by Live's audio manipulation.

I think Sampler is incomplete as a multisampler anyway, one set of filters for global use, no choke groups etc. I know it's useful for mangling etc but useless to me as a multisampler, even Reason's nnxt is light years ahead of it.

Still not worth the money for me I'm afraid, I'd have Vember audio's Shortcircuit in preference if I was in the market for a sampler, amazing tool for the money.