Live suddenly stops being unlocked, reverts to demo mode?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
--m--

Live suddenly stops being unlocked, reverts to demo mode?

Post by --m-- » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:58 am

hey guys,

i wasn't sure where to put this, as its probably not a bug per se, but something has gone quite wrong just now.

my computer froze while working in Live, and i had to reboot.
upon rebooting, Live now just reverts to demo mode, and demands i re-unlock the thing. i'm using version 5.2 btw.

now i don't have my registration code number as i bought an education license(i'm a teacher) and they faxed the serial number(ie its not stored in any emails)... or at least that's what seems to have been what happened - my memory sucks - based on the correspondence i do have with them from around the purchase time.

so i dunno, i guess this is perhaps a strange situation to be in, but if anyone has any tips on what to do, i'd appreciate it. i'm going to email them, but as all the receipts and proof of purchase were done via fax, i'm doubtful albeton or i have any records of the purchase.

so yeah, any help would be most appreciated.
thanks.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:21 am

I'm sure if you contact the company you bought it from they could send you a copy of your receit.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

--m--

Post by --m-- » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:23 am

Johnisfaster wrote:I'm sure if you contact the company you bought it from they could send you a copy of your receit.
i bought it directly from ableton.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:35 am

ohhhhhhh, they'll be able to help you out for sure.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

--m--

Post by --m-- » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:45 am

Johnisfaster wrote:ohhhhhhh, they'll be able to help you out for sure.
i really hope so, but the purchase was made via fax(and 2 years ago at that) ... so i just don't know how likely it is that they would have a record of it still on hand.

well, thanks so far!

Illum

Post by Illum » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 am

You're probably accidentally trashing your license file. Check where it's saving to.
Happened to me during my last install because it was saving to my trash!