'Not affected by back to arrangement' button fr clips/tracks

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dan aktivix

'Not affected by back to arrangement' button fr clips/tracks

Post by dan aktivix » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 am

Hey up,

If you 'remove stop button', or a series of stop buttons, from a clip on a particular scene, it means you can be playing an arrangement - and start a scene with the arrangement carrying on in the tracks without a stop button. That's ace. It allows smoooth transitions.

What would be most lovely is the 'reverse' of this:

E.g. I'm playing a scene, and want to bring in an arrangement, but want a couple of tracks from that scene to carry on regardless. So: need a way to either:

1. Mark them as 'not affected by 'back to arrangement' '(probably the easiest)
2. Mark the arrangement point as 'not effecting clips on this track'
3. Mark the whole track as 'not affected by 'back to arrangement'.

Please! Oh, go on!

You can, of course, dump the clips in the arrangement, but then you're tied to one clip - and even so, sometimes I find there's an audible glitch between the clip-sound and the arrangement version of it.

dr.wackler

Re: 'Not affected by back to arrangement' button fr clips/tracks

Post by dr.wackler » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:38 am

Good idea!
But more than that I'd like to see 'Back to Arrange' buttons for individual Tracks. I was wondering why this has not be introduced already, since it seems so obvious a usefull function. A matter of course.

Then again, if this 'Back to Arrange' for individual Tracks was not implemented as a fixed button on the Tracks, but rather as 'function clips' that you could drop anywhere in any scene, the feature you request could also easily be set up, but in a different way:
You wouldn't mark Tracks to not be affected by the global 'Back to Arrange', but rather you would drop the individual 'Back to Arrange function clips' on the other Tracks (the ones you want to be affected), and remove the Stop buttons from the Tracks you want to not be affected.
Then you just trigger that scene instead of using the global 'Back to Arrange' button. Since you didn't put individual 'Back to Arrange function clips' in the Tracks where you removed the Stop buttons, your Session clips would continue to play on those Tracks, while the other Tracks would return to playing what is in Arrange.
Am I making sense here? Quasi the reverse of the reverse, but still the reverse. :wink:

forge

Re: 'Not affected by back to arrangement' button fr clips/tracks

Post by forge » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 am

dr.wackler wrote:Good idea!
But more than that I'd like to see 'Back to Arrange' buttons for individual Tracks. I was wondering why this has not be introduced already, since it seems so obvious a usefull function. A matter of course.
]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dan aktivix

Yay!

Post by dan aktivix » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 am

Damn, more good ideas there. Just thought i'd say so, in a blatant attempt to keep the topic up the list...! Er, do Ableton folk actually get round to reading these? Is it someone's job to check em? Yikes...

forge

Re: Yay!

Post by forge » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:54 am

dan aktivix wrote:Damn, more good ideas there. Just thought i'd say so, in a blatant attempt to keep the topic up the list...! Er, do Ableton folk actually get round to reading these? Is it someone's job to check em? Yikes...
yes - actually the number of plusses and ones on my part was slightly ironic as, you may tell from my post count I'm one of the ABleton geeks who has hung around here an unnatural amount of time and suffice to say this one has been asked for many a time, and I have a MILLION requests for arrange, and I have told ABleton in person, but alas arrange view never seems to be that high on the priority list :?

so I make it a bit of a point to bump everyone that comes along! :wink:

so KEEP ON HOUNDING!!!

forge

Re: Yay!

Post by forge » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:53 am

forge wrote: so I make it a bit of a point to bump everyone that comes along! :wink:

so KEEP ON HOUNDING!!!