GIVE US A MUTE TOOL FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Josh Von

Post by Josh Von » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:12 pm

mercyplease wrote: Lives originality would remain intact even if it did have some standard long used and well loved tools.

Yes I basically do agree with you here. The keyboard shortcuts (CTL-E ..etc) have been more than good enough for many things --

However lack of user customized keymappings for everything has been a big shortcoming, so it kind of negates that imo. Standard tools would be fast.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:25 pm

mercyplease wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:Please don't add 'tools'. 'Tools' suck.

why not do you ever arrange in linear mode?
have you arranged a song that contains hundreds of small parts in live?
Hundreds of them.

Live is the best programme I know for this. You never have to worry about which operation you'll be doing with your next click. It's 100% predictable. That makes it fast and reliable for me.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:24 pm

-1 for tools.

I never understood the need to go to a little picture of a toolbar, click on a little picture of a tool like an eraser or scissors etc then perform the intended function on the part. Then you have to go and click the toolbar yet again to switch the "tool" back to what you had before. IT'S INSANE.

I'd vote for user defined modifier keys instead, then people who like to regularly mute parts could create their own command to do it one stroke.

Sorry, I fucking hate toolbars.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:20 am

I want scissors too! I cant understand how anybody can vote against an additional feature. If you don´t like the feature, just don´t use it. And by adding standard tools like scissors you are not reaching a point where live becomes too complicated.

Anyways you can express that desire in a more polite way than mercy. I have to add that I love Ableton, and wouldn´t implie that they are to snobbish to add scissors. On the contrary, I think they are quite open minded in general.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:29 pm

Click drag down and Cntrl + E for scissors. We have a scissors and you dont' have to go all the way across the screen and click on a damn toolbox to get your pointer back.

I hate TOOLS! Only tools want tools! :lol: