seeking music study/collaboration

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theghosthand

seeking music study/collaboration

Post by theghosthand » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:53 pm

i have been searching for a music/art school with a music program that is based on collaboration, experimentation, improvisation and technology. i have studied music at university and found it to be too rigid for me- too focused on the degree/grades of the students.

anyone know of any non-traditional schools that foster creativity and collaboration? the sort of place where working with live6 is considered time well spent?

thanks
ben

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:36 pm

red bull music academy
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:52 pm

It would help if you would tell where in the world you live... I'm assuming the US since you don't even bother to tell us.

Many universities have programs in electroacoustic composition (ie electronic art music). That can be very good, even if you aren't strictly into electracoustics.

theghosthand

Post by theghosthand » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:16 pm

yikes. sorry if i offended. i didn't "bother to tell" you where i live because i am willing to go pretty much anywhere for the right program. i apologize for my country of origin...

i am sincerely asking for any information that anyone has, and i would re-state that a university education doesn't interest me very much.

thanks again.

stinky- thanks for the red bull tip. i'll check it out.