RealTraps Vs. Cheap DIY

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Very interesting link there Mesmer, seems Joel is pretty busy :)

marky

Post by marky » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:02 pm

I bought four of the GIK Acousitcs super bass traps (can't exactly remember the name of them) a couple of years back and they are absolutely amazing -- it was like getting a new pair of monitors, I'm not joking. Dead cheap too, compared with the Real Traps, even though I'm sure Ethan's products are spot-on too.
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

Joel DuBay

Post by Joel DuBay » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:56 pm

That link is a false representation of what this acoustics industry is all about. As you will note, our first and only post at Ableton did nothing to sell our company or services. In fact, it was only made to help folks.

Be careful what you think you are reading, and look at the text of the read. There is nothing in that pathetic link that proves anything about anyone. There is no data from a lab, and only slander and liable. I find it incredibly telling what one company might post about another with the desire to sell-sell-sell and justify high prices. I agree with a previous poster that GIK is a good company with REAL acoustical lab test results from a REAL acoustical lab. They have done things right in that regard, and don't rely on "home" tests with cheap software and uncontrolled data. Be careful what you read when one company accuses another of something that is not proven.

Recently, someone sent us a link to a page detailng some horrible things about Ethan Winer, and their own view of his fraud and misrepresentation of his "magic" products. But, since we haven't substantiated those claims about "the truth about ethan winer", no matter how convincing they are, we don't go around posting links to it. It's wrong to do so, no matter how much it seems to prove anything about him.

I would respectfully ask anyone interested in ANY company's products to consult with them, and not another who has a vested, finanicial interest in discrediting them.

Good day,
Joel DuBay
ReadyAcoustics.com

Bass Traps and DIY Kits

laird

Post by laird » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:18 pm

Yeah, Joel only posted a link to a youtube video about how to make your own bass traps. That seemed perfectly On Topic to me.

So back to room treatments?

PS: to any acousstic engineers here, if you ever EVER make graphs trying to sell your products to recording engineers, on your volume axes, be careful about putting hashmarks right before each dB. I spent 20 minutes looking at that cathedral sound graph from the "fraud" link trying to figure out what they were trying to show me, and what the claimant was trying to tell me was actually going on.... -78 dB to me looks like a really quiet signal.... and -90 dB looks even quieter. (its supposed to show me 90 dB is louder than 78 dB, but that's not what I saw. Changing the range on your axes sucks major butts, too)