Where to go in San Francisco??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:27 pm

I would recommend walking around chinatown

gort

Post by gort » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm

haight street (lower)

Mad Dog in the Fog

gotta go in early tho because of the time difference obviously. but.. beer still tastes good for breakfast! (dont worry, they serve more than budweiser)
hi-q hits and handclaps not holywars and hand grenades

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 pm

thanks mate!

i was actually hoping for a good bottle of Bud!

i'm a gin person but tend to always have a bottle of beer to open a new drinking session.

sounds like i'm ready for san fran

Kr.

gort

Post by gort » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:51 pm

they even have a "wackspace" page! for more info...

http://myspace.com/maddogsf

have a great time 8)
hi-q hits and handclaps not holywars and hand grenades

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:57 pm

For the game, Mad Dog in the Fog is your best bet. There are sports bars all over town, pay attention to the ones around your hotel, if you see some soccer on, ask them if they'll be playing the game.

Please don't call it 'San Fran.' ;)

Chrysalis - I live 2 blocks from the Elbo Room, dat's my hood yo! Cool to hear people from all over the world knowing where to go in my little town. :D

www.citysearch.com is a great resource.

For the touristy shit, Chinatown is pretty intense, the Alcatraz tour is pretty cool, they do Bay Cruises, great when the weather's nice. If you get a rental car, drive up Twin Peaks (follow Clayton from upper Haight) and go over the Golden Gate Bridge and get off at Rodeo Ave right after the bridge and go up to an outstanding lookout point (check mapquest.) Sunset at the Beach Chalet is pretty cool (they brew their own beers and it's less touristy than the Cliff House.) If the weather's good, check out Golden Gate Park on a Sunday, fucking nuts with people. Also look up Fort Point and Coit Tower. Blah blah blah...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Tone Deft wrote:For the game, Mad Dog in the Fog is your best bet. There are sports bars all over town, pay attention to the ones around your hotel, if you see some soccer on, ask them if they'll be playing the game.

Please don't call it 'San Fran.' ;)

Chrysalis - I live 2 blocks from the Elbo Room, dat's my hood yo! Cool to hear people from all over the world knowing where to go in my little town. :D

www.citysearch.com is a great resource.

For the touristy shit, Chinatown is pretty intense, the Alcatraz tour is pretty cool, they do Bay Cruises, great when the weather's nice. If you get a rental car, drive up Twin Peaks (follow Clayton from upper Haight) and go over the Golden Gate Bridge and get off at Rodeo Ave right after the bridge and go up to an outstanding lookout point (check mapquest.) Sunset at the Beach Chalet is pretty cool (they brew their own beers and it's less touristy than the Cliff House.) If the weather's good, check out Golden Gate Park on a Sunday, fucking nuts with people. Also look up Fort Point and Coit Tower. Blah blah blah...
I wasn't planning on calling it San Fran! That's just cause i'm a lazy typist

Thanks for the info - I'll try do most of it! (probs not)
Kr.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:33 am

But definitely call it "Frisco" they love that shit

Krugger

Mon/Tue San Francisco, where can I go???

Post by Krugger » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi guys, me again!

Although I got Wednesday covered (and had a blast this week-end), I'm clueless with today 26th and tomorrow.

So, assuming i like tech/electro/prog house and also techno, where can I go (if possible at all), Mon/Tue of this week and hopefully somewhere i can just go, buy a drink and groove near the bar or dance floor.
That is, no pressure to actually make conversation (a daunting task when alone in a foreign city due to a conference etc)

Or maybe, a quiet bar with a pool table where people usually challenge each other and friendly? I was taken to this bar on Saturday where I had a great time playing pool but i cant remember the name!!
All i can think of is: It was an area with expensive shops around it (kinda boutique), it had a small dog in there belonging to the owner who everytime he opened a bottle of champagne, the dog would jump and catch the cork or run after it, 1 pool table and kinda red/dark interior. They served wine/beer only (and champagne)
Anyone can work out the bar based on my (hopefully elaborate) description??

Thanks!
Kr.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Oh yeah, I know that place, isn't it by that restaurant, the one with the sign?

Sorry the weather's been so crappy, last week was amazing so I don't mind as much.

Laid back bars for pool... The Albion Room, Zeitgesit, Lucky 13, Elbo Room, Latin American Club, The Lone Palm, 26 Mix and the stuff on lower Haight, I think Nickie's is the only place with a pool table on lower Haight. Mid week the bars on upper Haight are cool, weekends are all tourists. I don't know downtown but a lot of places in North Beach and downtown are locals during the week, or Europeans like yourself on business.

longjohns wrote:But definitely call it "Frisco" they love that shit
:lol:
:evil:
Fukcing tourists...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:59 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Oh yeah, I know that place, isn't it by that restaurant, the one with the sign?
:lol: And that's meant to help me find it?
Tone Deft wrote: Laid back bars for pool... The Albion Room, Zeitgesit, Lucky 13, Elbo Room, Latin American Club, The Lone Palm, 26 Mix and the stuff on lower Haight, I think Nickie's is the only place with a pool table on lower Haight. Mid week the bars on upper Haight are cool, weekends are all tourists. I don't know downtown but a lot of places in North Beach and downtown are locals during the week, or Europeans like yourself on business.
i'll look into that, thanks
Kr.

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:17 pm

i've googled a bit and like the sound of 26 mix

i think i'll check it out tonight around 8pm and play by ear

edit: or maybe not...lots of bad reviews!

i wish i could find that bar i went to on saturday
Kr.