Cluster XP Endless CPU Resources!!!!

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
napalmskatterjazz

Cluster XP Endless CPU Resources!!!!

Post by napalmskatterjazz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:07 am

I have been working on an audio/midi sync GPU on the side to cluster machines. They beat me to it and good for them I love you whoever you are out there. I just thought I should share it with all the Windows users around these parts... This should blow your mind. I am working on getting this working over my 802.11N wireless.... anyway on to the link:

http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

Now I have Endless ReAktor/Massive/Nexus stations and a dedicated "Beef up my sounds" machine. This is fanfukkingtabulous man.
2.0Ghz Coreduo PC notebook, 4GB ram, Overclocked to hell sittin on aluminum extra fans w/ no drivebay or pcmcia...
2.8Ghz Quadcore on Asus MB, 4GBRam, Dual 512MB SLI Graphics both @16x.

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:41 am

Fx teleport ha been around for quite some time. It is a very neat idea. I wouldn't try to run it on wireless though. I guess the latency is pretty bad even on a ordinary ethernet.

Preferably one should use gigabit ethernet and a high quality switch/router I assume.

EARLGREY

Post by EARLGREY » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:56 am

i have 3 pc's ( and soon another one) on a teleport network......def. gigabit connection, linksys switch and cat6 ethernet cables. Works like a charm...:)
Go for it, but keep things well organized though....

regards

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:25 am

What kind of latencies to you get?

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:23 pm

this program seems really grate....

could this be used during live situations?...

napalmskatterjazz

Post by napalmskatterjazz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:25 pm

EARLGREY wrote:i have 3 pc's ( and soon another one) on a teleport network......def. gigabit connection, linksys switch and cat6 ethernet cables. Works like a charm...:)
Go for it, but keep things well organized though....

regards
So you are hardwired behind a Gb switch ehh ? I set it up last night wireless over 100Mbps and there was too much latency. There has to be a way to finetune this thing.. I might need to go get a new router just for this if I really want it to be realtime. Ive actually never needed anything above cat5, does cat 6 or 7 make a big difference? can a cat5 handle 1Gbps? I thought the linksys wireless firmware hack was fast after getting used to 54Mbps...
I cant wait for the future of wireless frequencies to go @Gb speeds and beyond... Im gonna look into the idea of fiberoptic network..I dont know much about it yet (other than right now its supercheap in my area and I want it now that shite is so freakin fast)<--Typical American, I drive a really fast car too.

EDIT: Cat5e can handle gigabit networks, but cat6 is what I should get into, or cat6a for 10Gb applications... Im probably gonna learn all this in school next year (or the next)as I am going for a BA in CIS.
2.0Ghz Coreduo PC notebook, 4GB ram, Overclocked to hell sittin on aluminum extra fans w/ no drivebay or pcmcia...
2.8Ghz Quadcore on Asus MB, 4GBRam, Dual 512MB SLI Graphics both @16x.

EARLGREY

Post by EARLGREY » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Well...I just went for cat6 cause they seem to handle more bandwith...someone at the FXMax forum recommended it and I just wanted to be on the safe side. Cat5 seems to work fine on a Gigabit network....
I mostly use Teleport during mixing sessions and if not, I do not have too many difficulties when my latency is 256....never really stretched it though....
Teleport and Synergy really has made music with multiple DAW's such a joy....:)

regards