Pop-ups for FX tweaking....

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Kai Green

Pop-ups for FX tweaking....

Post by Kai Green » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:09 am

It would be cool to have pop-ups for fx etc which you could turn on for live gigs. They could automatically pop-up on screen (tiled like in Apples expose?) designated to an area on the workspace when an effect is triggered via a controller (like a UC33e). This would be invaluable for quickly sighting FX during live performances etc. If the effect remained un-tweaked for 2 seconds, it could fade away slowly?!?

Jinsai

goood good good good good idea

Post by Jinsai » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:56 am

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes,... this would be a great feature.. I've had some problems with my midi controlled fx getting out of hand and having to manually pull them up to find out which parameter I accidentally whacked too far out can take way too long, embarrasingly too long in a live context. This would be awesome.

Kai Green

even better...

Post by Kai Green » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:39 am

Maybe all assigned Midi CC's (ones that you choose in proposed preferences) could be set to mute during a performance if the Midi CC is a number +5 or -5 outside of the one that is currently in Live. So if you change the preset page on your UC33 and then you tweak a knob which is sending out starting at 10 but the virtual knob is set to 75, then that knob would be muted until the knob reaches 75... :)
Gear: Mac G4 Tower Dual 1.25ghz/768mb RAM/80gb HD/running OSX 10.3.4 + UC33e Evolution Controller + M-Audio FW410 + Korg Prohecy