NI Audio Kontrol 1 (AK1)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tomperson

NI Audio Kontrol 1 (AK1)

Post by tomperson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:34 pm

So...who has it? It seems perfect for live gigs. Small, sturdy, with a big knob...And best of all, bus powered (important for us PC users that don't have 6 pin firewire...).

I wonder how it is performing. Drivers can make or break a soundcard, even more critical with usb...i read about some early problems of unexpected "audio fades" that are supposed to be solved by now with a firmware upgrade. And NI's record of letting users down is another problem to bear in mind...

So, who has one of those and has done exhaustive use? Particularly live gigs at 512 samples or less.
Turn up the radio. Turn up the tape machine. Look into the sunset up ahead. Roll the windows down for a better taste of the cool desert wind. Ah yes. This is what it's all about. Total control now.

Buleriachk

Re: NI Audio Kontrol 1 (AK1)

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:07 pm

I have it. So far so good; very low latency, and sound is crystal clear. Not sure yet how to map the surface to live, though...
tomperson wrote:So...who has it? It seems perfect for live gigs. Small, sturdy, with a big knob...And best of all, bus powered (important for us PC users that don't have 6 pin firewire...).

I wonder how it is performing. Drivers can make or break a soundcard, even more critical with usb...i read about some early problems of unexpected "audio fades" that are supposed to be solved by now with a firmware upgrade. And NI's record of letting users down is another problem to bear in mind...

So, who has one of those and has done exhaustive use? Particularly live gigs at 512 samples or less.

tomperson

Post by tomperson » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Thanks Buleriachk, i also saw your posts on NI forum.
It seems that there's not many people with an ak-1 yet, and the majority that show up, show up because of those stupid problems of the original firmware.
Turn up the radio. Turn up the tape machine. Look into the sunset up ahead. Roll the windows down for a better taste of the cool desert wind. Ah yes. This is what it's all about. Total control now.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:27 pm

The AK1 maps the normal way to Live, via the MIDI learning
protocol, so no difficulties in that area. The AK1 continues to function well, with no problems at all for me....
tomperson wrote:Thanks Buleriachk, i also saw your posts on NI forum.
It seems that there's not many people with an ak-1 yet, and the majority that show up, show up because of those stupid problems of the original firmware.