MIDI Control of Clip Loops

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
base615

MIDI Control of Clip Loops

Post by base615 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:28 am

I'm using a Faderfox LV2 with live for DJ purposes. I use custom assignments rather than the ones that come with the controller.

What I want to do is assign a button that will toggle loop on / off for the clip in track 1 slot 1 and assign a separate button to toggle loop on / off for the clip in track 2 slot 1. I'm not sure how to approach this or even if it is possible.

I've tried clicking the loop button and assigning it in the MIDI map but when I trigger the loop with the assigned button it toggles the loop on/off in all other clips at the same time and there appears to be no way of separately assigning clips.

Hopefully I've explained myself properly. Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers,

Craig

robbmasters

Re: MIDI Control of Clip Loops

Post by robbmasters » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:30 pm

base615 wrote:I've tried clicking the loop button and assigning it in the MIDI map but when I trigger the loop with the assigned button it toggles the loop on/off in all other clips at the same time and there appears to be no way of separately assigning clips.
I thought this just toggled loop on / off for the currently selected clip (rather than all clips). Either way, I don't think you can map it for a specific clip.
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

vip32

Re: MIDI Control of Clip Loops

Post by vip32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:08 pm

robbmasters wrote:
base615 wrote:I've tried clicking the loop button and assigning it in the MIDI map but when I trigger the loop with the assigned button it toggles the loop on/off in all other clips at the same time and there appears to be no way of separately assigning clips.
I thought this just toggled loop on / off for the currently selected clip (rather than all clips). Either way, I don't think you can map it for a specific clip.
no, but just use bomes (or any midi mapper) to send 2 commands at once > select a track and then toggle the loop. easy!