Hot swap browser aligns the preset list to bottom (annoying)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
posssu

Hot swap browser aligns the preset list to bottom (annoying)

Post by posssu » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:40 am

I have Novation's Bass Station loaded and I click the hot switch -button.

I start browsing through the looong list of presets and click on each of them. I don't know what triggers it, but at some point of the list when the Live browser only shows preset at the top and bottom, when I load a preset, Live aligns the clicked preset to the bottom of the browser window. This is very annoying, since now you can't click the next preset anymore because it's out of the window, but you have to scroll a bit down first.

Even if I scroll the window so that the preset I want is in the middle and click it, it gets aligned to the bottom. ANyone else? The clicked preset should just stick where it is.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:43 am

I've noticed this (or something very similar).
Things like factory preset folders constantly reopening when you are trying to browse presets for a plug, and it can be quite bad for workflow (I think there are a few little annoyances with the current browser behaviour).
( http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54975 ) Links something similar.
I hope they can look at the browser and get it perfected. Only small problems really, should be easy to tweak.

posssu did you hear anything back about the envelope display behaviour by the way ?
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

posssu

Post by posssu » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Yea, I found some sense to it and posted some suggestions to the thread you originally started: check it out. :)
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live