WirelessPocketPC MIDI Controller Ended

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:14 pm

ive used griff a few times but didnt know it exported midi. ill have to have a look again... :)

barstu

Post by barstu » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:17 pm

yeah ive got v 1.5.5.1 and there is an export to midi option under file.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:51 pm

I’ve now added different button types, along with the usual latch/toggle buttons you can now also choose 3-way to 12-way button types so now can cover EVERY mappable control on Ableton :)

Feature List:

Over 6300 user assignable and editable controls covering up to 4 pieces of software/hardware.
Master Transport Controls.
Level Controls.
Cross-Fader Control with Graphic equalizer Buttons.
CrossFader Assign Buttons.
TriggerPad/Clip Pad.
Beat Pad/Drum Pad - Sends velocity data.
4 Octave piano keyboard, sends velocity data and plays 33 Chords.
Effects Controls including XY-Controllers, Faders and multi-Throw buttons.
Learn Function - Learn controls from your existing hardware to work alongside them.
Record Function - Record Control movements and play back at a touch of a button(A-H).

Thank you to the people suggesting ideas :D
If anyone want’s to be informed when the beta is available, just send me a PM with/without email address and ill inform you when ready.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Awesome work! Very impressive. I can just imagine 4 guys each on their own PDAs jamming Live wirelessly (including lights & video)...

Is this gonna work for Mac users?

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:25 pm

hambone1 wrote:Awesome work! Very impressive. I can just imagine 4 guys each on their own PDAs jamming Live wirelessly (including lights & video)...

Is this gonna work for Mac users?
No, unfortunatly it's for windows only. Though, i could release the prototcol i invented for the application and someone could write some receiving software for mac if anyone is interested?

Yes, you can connect a virtually unlimited amount of Pocket Pc's. Will be great fun :D

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:21 pm

I've been working hard all weekend, i've now included a gang feature, now can gang an unlimited amount of controls and move them together :)

basuraman

just live?

Post by basuraman » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:38 am

hey there - was wondering, does your app just control Live? or does it just send plain old midi which you can map to your Live controls? i'm sure you've said, but i couldn't locate the info in the posts... the live contorl is definitely cool enough, but could i say control another app that listens for MIDI? like Resolume for example? or do i need to route it thru Live and then send from live to Resolume or any other midi app?

or another thing im thinking of is sending midi from my ppc, looping it thru midiYoke or some other virtual midi looper, then out to some midi gear - sound mod, lighting gear, etc..

possible?

cheers!
-josh

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:23 am

from what i remember it will work also as generic midi controller

gafferuk

Re: just live?

Post by gafferuk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:50 pm

basuraman wrote:hey there - was wondering, does your app just control Live? or does it just send plain old midi which you can map to your Live controls? i'm sure you've said, but i couldn't locate the info in the posts... the live contorl is definitely cool enough, but could i say control another app that listens for MIDI? like Resolume for example? or do i need to route it thru Live and then send from live to Resolume or any other midi app?

or another thing im thinking of is sending midi from my ppc, looping it thru midiYoke or some other virtual midi looper, then out to some midi gear - sound mod, lighting gear, etc..

possible?

cheers!
-josh
Yes, it's a standard midi controller, just the layout is designed around live, or any other daw for that matter.

You can control up to 4 pieces of software at the same time, will be great fun.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Been playing with my new features, the gang and record is great!! Ganging about 10 controls gives the most strange and spooky sounds ive ever heard live, record the movements and play them with other recorded movements and im simply speechless with the results.

vexkon

Post by vexkon » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:25 am

the gang feature is great gaffer.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:30 am

I've since changed the gang feature, can now gang up to 8 sets of controls.
Im trying to add an LFO feature to the controls with Square, Sine, Saw and Triangular waveforms and set there Amplitude and Frequancy.

Anyways, happy Christmas all!

zappen

Post by zappen » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:50 am

gafferuk wrote: Should be able to release beta after Christmas. :D
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

vexkon

Post by vexkon » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:16 am

maybe we could have a pattern/seq lfo as well.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:45 pm

vexkon wrote:maybe we could have a pattern/seq lfo as well.
Thats a good idea, ill give it a try after my LFO stuff.