Anyone using NI KORE?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
buzby

Anyone using NI KORE?

Post by buzby » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:55 am

hi

anyone using the NI Kore?? thinking of getting myself one - any feedback?

cheers

buzby
https://hiddensound.net/
https://linktr.ee/hiddensound
Sound Devices mix pre 3 and 10Tii, various Sennheiser mkh, dpa, LOM, Audio Technica microphones

ben_blue

Post by ben_blue » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:05 pm

freakin awesome. i love it so much.
my favorites at the moment: MASSIVE. FM8. LIVE 6. Bome's Pro. KORE.

buzby

Post by buzby » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 pm

hi ben

yeah it looks the biz - can you be bothered to explain how you utilize it with live?

cheers

buzby
Sound Devices mix pre 3 and 10Tii, various Sennheiser mkh, dpa, LOM, Audio Technica microphones

ben_blue

Post by ben_blue » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:20 pm

i drop Kore on a track, and load instruments within it. not any different than utilizing it elsewhere.

its kinda like a rack macro of live, similar.

but
1. no matter where you go in live, unlike a typical track, your focus is still on kore and the instrument(s) you loaded within it, using the controller.
i dont have to go to a device and get the little pink hand on it. the controller is always controlling kore.
2. the knobs and buttons feel so good.
3. when u load a sound in kore, the controller pages are all already set up - even every 3rd party VST i have loaded already had predefined pages.

no assignment necessary!

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:00 pm

its great if you have NI synths such as the komplete line. there are about 20 3rd party synths that have well defined easy access pages for synth tweaking (check the NI website). it can take some time to set it up with some 3rd party plugins - but it is easy to do. also with the new update kore is no longer a giant dongle which is they best thing they could have done.

the resolution on the knobs is great and the backlight is great for showing what you are tweaking. really gives a hands on hardware kind of feel to your softsynths IMO. the sound browser is neat for finding sounds too.

would i recommend it if you do not have several NI synths - no.
its concept is similar to the racks in live6 - just with an integrated controller.

a grerat complement to NI's komplete.

on a side note - it is also an audio/midi interface. while not the best, it is handy using it with my laptop being that it is bus powered.

buzby

Post by buzby » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Frag and Ben

thanks for the replies - throws some light on things -

i dont have any NI synths and not a big user of synths - not yet anyway

also my lexicon interface decided to die last night - right before a dj set - so i think my money this xmas will be going on a new interface

cheers

buzby

ben_blue

Post by ben_blue » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:28 pm

right -

forgot to mention having NI products - i am fortunate and have every single one of them.

the interface really isn't TOO shabby, i use it as my main one for now, i really like having a knob to grab for the main volume. my emu card didnt have that.

cheers

b

Play

Post by Play » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:25 am

Yeah I have Komplet 4, Kore and Massive arriving at my door tomorrow... IM AMPED!!!! I wont be doing much elsee for awhile I'm sure!
MacPro Quad, Dual 23" Apple Displays-15" MacBook Pro-Logic8, Live7, PowerSuite5-MAudio BX8s-Mackie Control Universal, ReMOTE SL 37, Korg padKONTROL-Serato Scratch SL3 & VSL-2 Pioneer CDJ1000MK2s, Pioneer DJM800

fl0w

Re: Anyone using NI KORE?

Post by fl0w » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Hello,

sorry for reanimating such an old thread but I'm about to buy Kore (not Kore 2).
But I can't make sure the headphones output is really independent from the main output?
I'll use Kore for DJing sometimes, so I absolutely NEED a separate output for cueing.

Can someone confirm it's OK? (I'm on Windows 7, maybe it's important).

Thank you!!

Wunjo

Post by Wunjo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:26 pm

fl0w wrote:Hello,

sorry for reanimating such an old thread but I'm about to buy Kore (not Kore 2).
But I can't make sure the headphones output is really independent from the main output?
I'll use Kore for DJing sometimes, so I absolutely NEED a separate output for cueing.

Thank you!!
I'm guessing you're going to use Kore as your main soundcard device and if so why? Also, are you planning on dj'ing within ableton?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:28 pm

fl0w wrote:Hello,

Thank you!!
Yes it is. I use the headphone out from my Kore 1 hardware to send a click track to my drummer. Works perfectly. 8)
Just to let you know I bought mine used and thought it was a lemon for the first yeart I owned it until I changed the crappy USB cord it came with. So keep that in mind if it's having connection issues. :oops:

fl0w

Post by fl0w » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Thank you for clarifying things out! :idea:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:20 am

No Problem, very glad I got Kore 1 instead of 2. I have Rig Kontrol as well, but Rig Kontrol doesn't have 4 out, the headphone out is the same as the master out. I use them in tandem in Live, Kore for audio out and Rig Kontrol as a Guitar Pre / audio in. Perfect live performance setup. Especially since both devices are duel purpose and fulfill other roles too. Bad choice on NI's part to get rid of the audio in/out of Kore IMO.

So for clarity. Kore 1 is a 2 in 4 out device, though to access the other two audio outs if you so desired you would have to use the headphoe out. I think the RCA out is hard wired to the main out, not the headphone out? not sure? Haven't used it yet. Rig Kontrol is 2 in 2 out. I see Kore 1 around here sometimes for as low as $100 on craigslist, which is a total steal. 8O

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 am

Yep on Craigslist locally for $150 and includes the Kore 2 update software. 8O

fl0w

Post by fl0w » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 am

Lucky Americans D: