(OT) - How do u hook up with nice(lookin) girls at the club?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SUPERBANANBOMB

Post by SUPERBANANBOMB » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:52 pm

noiseconjecture wrote:Now I have been married over fourteen years and some of my friends have teenage children here are some things I wished I had been told when I was in my teens/early twenties :

Girls complain boys don't listen to them. If a girl says something listen attentatively and don't interupt. When she has finished let her know you listened by referring to and replying to what she said.

Girls generally don't like show-offs or boys who are full of themselves.

Personal hygeine is essential. Ostentatiously wear a different t-shirt/shirt every day, it shows you are clean.

As said above - learn to dance - every generation of females (my generation plus my parents) complain that they want to dance while boys prop up the bar or make fools of themselves.

Even though girls to clubs half naked, talk to their face, not their legs, breasts or pants.

Girls are almost digital, if they are interested in you then you're fine, if they are not no amount of trying will get them to change their minds. In reality its girls who are in control.

Despite the silliness, giggling and obsession with trivia, girls generally are more mature than males.

Finally, sexist or crude jokes don't go down well in mixed company.
This guy is the most right on so far.

First thing's first - don't ever go out EXPECTING to hook up. Just assume that you're going out to have fun and that's it. If something happens, great! Don't put any pressure on yourself because if you do, you're more likely to look like an ass.

Secondly, you only have a couple minutes to make the right impression. When you meet someone, you need your "A-game" in full effect. The first 2 minutes of meeting a chick at a club is going to decide if you're getting any that night.

Be yourself, even if that means being nerdy. Be confident. Show that you're having a great time, let it be shown that you know everyone there by saying hi and waving to people.

You don't have to offer to buy a drink, but it helps. Buy one, but never more than that unless it's obvious there's some sort of a connection. Like someone said, don't be a "sponsor." Chicks go out to get free drinks and lead men on. Don't be a sucker.

Women will swear that they don't look for men with money, but that is horseshit. If they ask what you do for a living, either make it sound a lot more important and lucrative than it actually is, or just straight-up LIE.

Being college-educated is always a plus.

Hygiene. Fresh breath is essential. Make sure you have your hair trimmed on a regular basis and SHAVE YOUR FACE for fuck's sake! 90% of women do not like facial hair. Always wear deodorant and in the case of smoky bars/clubs, make sure you go just a little overboard with the cologne. A light amount is undetectable in such settings. Find a cologne that suits you well and apply it liberally before you go, that way your awesome manly scent can cut through the atmospheric stench and into the nostrils of women. TRUST me. Women love a good-smelling man.

It doesn't hurt to appear to be more sophisticated than the other guys. Instead of drinking draft beer, why not drink something like a martini? Women are always spying, and good taste is timeless.

Smoking is usually a no-no, but in some cases it doesn't matter.

Always smile. It shows that wherever you are, THAT is the place to be.

Being a part of the entertainment or the establishment helps. Bartenders, bands, dj's, etc... all get an automatic +10 stat bonus to pimpitude. ^_^

Also, you gotta have a sense of style. I'm not talking about wearing the same trendy style as everyone else in the bar. You gotta come up with something fresh. Something that makes you stand out from all the other guys in Diesel shoes, Abercrombie jeans, button up dress shirts and gelled hair. Be original, and bold.

Also, don't drink too much. If you get too drunk you can start looking like a jackass. Some girls might find slurred speech endearing, but most take that as a sign that you are a nimrod and aren't ever getting any pussy.

Another important one is that if a girl is obviously not showing interest, badgering her is not going to help your cause at all. Like I said, you get a chance to make that good impression and if you fail, you fail. No second chances. Do not stalk her at the bar, do not keep talking to her. Just move on.

But remember - if this is a bar/club you frequent, oftentime you will bump into these girls again and again, so keep in mind that you can plant the seeds early, and watch that beautiful little flower grow... ;]
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ laptop, 1 gig of ram
M-Audio Axiom 49
Korg PadKontrol
Roland JP-8080
Korg MS2000r

Ableton Live 6
Fruity Loops 6 XXL Producer Edition
Korg Legacy Collection
Waves DIAMOND bundle

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:58 pm

My favorite quote on this sort of thing by Peter Griffen of Family Guy

"You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus."
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

decoder

Post by decoder » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:09 pm

Blunt trauma to the back of the head.

8)

rasputin

My scoring secrets...

Post by rasputin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:12 pm

OK, that's BS. Back in tha day when I was single, I was a horrible sociopathic geek nerd, etc. etc.

What worked for me is just having a lot of good friends, and socializing with them on a regular basis. On the periphery of that circle, other friends would drift in and out, people would break up and be looking for other people to go out with, etc.

The most important thing for me to realize was not to aim for the goddess/model types. Not only were they usually narcissistic and moronic, but they had zero interest in me to begin with and that wasn't about to change.

The hottest women I was with came from friends of friends in the above social circles I mentioned above.

It's best to live near a decent sized city of course. For those of you who live on a remote croft in the Scottish isles and herd sheep/distill whisky, I don't have any good suggestions...

r.

Adonis

Post by Adonis » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:18 pm

SUPERBANANBOMB wrote:
noiseconjecture wrote:Now I have been married over fourteen years and some of my friends have teenage children here are some things I wished I had been told when I was in my teens/early twenties :

Girls complain boys don't listen to them. If a girl says something listen attentatively and don't interupt. When she has finished let her know you listened by referring to and replying to what she said.

Girls generally don't like show-offs or boys who are full of themselves.

Personal hygeine is essential. Ostentatiously wear a different t-shirt/shirt every day, it shows you are clean.

As said above - learn to dance - every generation of females (my generation plus my parents) complain that they want to dance while boys prop up the bar or make fools of themselves.

Even though girls to clubs half naked, talk to their face, not their legs, breasts or pants.

Girls are almost digital, if they are interested in you then you're fine, if they are not no amount of trying will get them to change their minds. In reality its girls who are in control.

Despite the silliness, giggling and obsession with trivia, girls generally are more mature than males.

Finally, sexist or crude jokes don't go down well in mixed company.
This guy is the most right on so far.

First thing's first - don't ever go out EXPECTING to hook up. Just assume that you're going out to have fun and that's it. If something happens, great! Don't put any pressure on yourself because if you do, you're more likely to look like an ass.

Secondly, you only have a couple minutes to make the right impression. When you meet someone, you need your "A-game" in full effect. The first 2 minutes of meeting a chick at a club is going to decide if you're getting any that night.

Be yourself, even if that means being nerdy. Be confident. Show that you're having a great time, let it be shown that you know everyone there by saying hi and waving to people.

You don't have to offer to buy a drink, but it helps. Buy one, but never more than that unless it's obvious there's some sort of a connection. Like someone said, don't be a "sponsor." Chicks go out to get free drinks and lead men on. Don't be a sucker.

Women will swear that they don't look for men with money, but that is horseshit. If they ask what you do for a living, either make it sound a lot more important and lucrative than it actually is, or just straight-up LIE.

Being college-educated is always a plus.

Hygiene. Fresh breath is essential. Make sure you have your hair trimmed on a regular basis and SHAVE YOUR FACE for fuck's sake! 90% of women do not like facial hair. Always wear deodorant and in the case of smoky bars/clubs, make sure you go just a little overboard with the cologne. A light amount is undetectable in such settings. Find a cologne that suits you well and apply it liberally before you go, that way your awesome manly scent can cut through the atmospheric stench and into the nostrils of women. TRUST me. Women love a good-smelling man.

It doesn't hurt to appear to be more sophisticated than the other guys. Instead of drinking draft beer, why not drink something like a martini? Women are always spying, and good taste is timeless.

Smoking is usually a no-no, but in some cases it doesn't matter.

Always smile. It shows that wherever you are, THAT is the place to be.

Being a part of the entertainment or the establishment helps. Bartenders, bands, dj's, etc... all get an automatic +10 stat bonus to pimpitude. ^_^

Also, you gotta have a sense of style. I'm not talking about wearing the same trendy style as everyone else in the bar. You gotta come up with something fresh. Something that makes you stand out from all the other guys in Diesel shoes, Abercrombie jeans, button up dress shirts and gelled hair. Be original, and bold.

Also, don't drink too much. If you get too drunk you can start looking like a jackass. Some girls might find slurred speech endearing, but most take that as a sign that you are a nimrod and aren't ever getting any pussy.

Another important one is that if a girl is obviously not showing interest, badgering her is not going to help your cause at all. Like I said, you get a chance to make that good impression and if you fail, you fail. No second chances. Do not stalk her at the bar, do not keep talking to her. Just move on.

But remember - if this is a bar/club you frequent, oftentime you will bump into these girls again and again, so keep in mind that you can plant the seeds early, and watch that beautiful little flower grow... ;]
Wow, you guys kind of broke it down

but unfortunately the only real place to meet a properly fit girl is at church

even if you don't believe in god that's where all THE hottest black girls kick it

educated, god fearing hotties

I'm not talking about some pentacost church or one of those mega rave churchs - not even Catholic

I'm talking straight up southern Baptist - seriously, post up in one for a sundoy or two and tell me something different

maybe blacks not your flavor, then I suggest a really good (big divison 1) university - like the UW or Stanford...mixed race, asian and white - educated, fit hotties

and maybe you're just not into school or religion then hit on the receptionist at your job - usually most companies have an unwritten rule to hire single cutties - but most of them have kids or a troubled past

but if you're not into SCHOOL, CHURCH and you don't have a 9 to 5 then maybe a hip hop club - usually easy easy easy white girls kick it there and you're bound to see some good looking black, asian and latino girls <-- but most of those girls are choosin' as in they want a nigga wit some cash and a nice car

but if you're not into HIP HOP CHURCH SCHOOL or WORKING then go to a dance club

most likely you'll end up in Kent Wa. with some strung out hippie on Acid

johnpitcairn

Re: My scoring secrets...

Post by johnpitcairn » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:24 pm

rasputin wrote:It's best to live near a decent sized city of course. For those of you who live on a remote croft in the Scottish isles and herd SHEEP/distill whisky, I don't have any good suggestions...
Sure you do ... oh, hang on, good ;)
LC Xmu Logic/Mackie Control emulation, LC Xview software LC/MC display,
Logic environments & stuff: http://www.opuslocus.com

cosmosuave

Re: My scoring secrets...

Post by cosmosuave » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 pm

rasputin wrote:OK, that's BS. Back in tha day when I was single, I was a horrible sociopathic geek nerd, etc. etc.

What worked for me is just having a lot of good friends, and socializing with them on a regular basis. On the periphery of that circle, other friends would drift in and out, people would break up and be looking for other people to go out with, etc.

The most important thing for me to realize was not to aim for the goddess/model types. Not only were they usually narcissistic and moronic, but they had zero interest in me to begin with and that wasn't about to change.

The hottest women I was with came from friends of friends in the above social circles I mentioned above.

It's best to live near a decent sized city of course. For those of you who live on a remote croft in the Scottish isles and herd sheep/distill whisky, I don't have any good suggestions...

r.

The incestuous friends network...Sometimes good sometimes bad...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:50 am

Adonis wrote:
If you really want to get laid your best bet is to join a fundamental right wing church with ties to George Bush and get to know the pastor
Yeah, only he's trying to pick up a girl, not a dude...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:57 am

bad girls put out, nice girls don't.

for pastors, bring meth.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:29 am

Nowadays you need at least a couple gold teeth, preferably front ones. Oh- and of course, some (visible) body part(s) should be pierced.
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

jamester

Post by jamester » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:19 am

I didn't go through all four pages, so forgive me if this was already covered...

But it really all boils down to this simple document/doctrine: Ladder Theory

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

Any woman who sees this will get offended, and swear up and down that "not all women are like that" and that "she is absolutely an exception". Those women are dead wrong, and blind about how things really are and how things really work between the sexes.

It's not sexist, it's not defeatist....it's just the way it is.

All guys should commit these principles to memory. If I had this in high school I would have done even better with the ladies...and I did just fine. :wink:
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

Mr. Computer Dude

Post by Mr. Computer Dude » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:41 am

I don't think the Ladder thing is perfect, as I don't think girls are that calculating. But, there's a grain of truth to it.

Take-home advice: Be nice, but be a *man*, and everything will work out fine...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:48 am

Where the lesbian DJs at?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:50 am

I don't go to clubs anymore.

But my girl came in the mail about 5 months ago.....she's very accomidating.

digitalex

Post by digitalex » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:08 pm

The only reason I have sex with women is because of who I am- a rapist.
-rodney dangerfield
when i was in school, they told me practice makes perfect, then they said nobody's perfect so i stopped practicing -steven wright