i've lost my undo.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bitesize

i've lost my undo.

Post by bitesize » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:17 pm

bit of a strange one, but i seem to have lost my undo function. ctrl-z doesn't do anything, and the where undo is in the edit menu, it reads undo change "parameter #42" (or some number).

anyone else had this problem + know how to make it go away? (i'm on live 3.0.2 + win xp by the way...)

cheers.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:17 pm

Be careful not to hit save if you still want to undo anything. Saving flushes the undo history which can be damn annoying sometimes.

ernest

Post by ernest » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:12 pm

I know this problem with plugins that change their parameters all the time. plugs like mickey delay with an intern sequencer.
check your plugs!!!

bitesize

Post by bitesize » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:33 pm

yeah i am using metalmickey on one track, but the problem's universal - no undo at all, not just when i change the parameters on the plugin. is there anything that can be done about this? i do kinda like having an undo...

ernest

Post by ernest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:43 pm

the problem is, that metal mickey has an internal sequencer that changes parameter all the time. I mailed ableton about this problem for a while.
I use metalmickey, bounce that loop and then switch it off...thats my workaround.

bitesize

Post by bitesize » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:07 pm

yeah, i see. i guess it just adds to the undo buffer all the time, every time a parameter changes in metal mickey, so when you undo, you're really just undoing the last parameter change in the plugin. bugger.

i guess bouncing down's gonna have to do - i do kinda like having metal mickey on random tho. still, i do guess i can always bounce down like 5 minutes of it on random - then i can also cut + paste the bits that sound particularly good as well, which is kind of a good idea anyway...

cheers for the help man.

umami

also losing undo

Post by umami » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:40 am

i'm having the same problem--losing undo globally. when i go to the pulldown menu under edit/undo i get the option to "undo change '0'." oddly, the problem is intermittent--changing other values (arbitrary values at that--there appears to be no consistency in which changes cause the problem vs. which fix it) brings back undo options, but then they seem to go away again.

add to this that in songs with the undo problem, the "back to arrangement" button turns red when play on the transport is activated. clicking on the button appears to turn it off momentarily (a millisecond or two) and then it reactivates itself.