Kontrol49

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tosh

Kontrol49

Post by Tosh » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:03 am

Hey Folks,

Has anyone got there Kontrol49 to use the instant mappings of Live 6?

I'm trying to get mine to work and have tried almost every scene but still no luck.

My understanding is that you have to use the default factory preset which I think is called Cubase which i can't find or don't have or is in amongs other things.

If anyone has this working can you save the scene data and post it somewhere so i can load it and see how it works.

Cheers - Tosh.

jamesp

Post by jamesp » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:26 am

I'm sticking with L5 for now, but this thread should get you there.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:09 am

jamesp wrote:I'm sticking with L5 for now, but this thread should get you there.
Im also having big problems here. I tried this thread and still no luck.

Tosh

Post by Tosh » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:15 am

That threads for the microkontrol - doesn't apply to the Kontrol49.

Still not luck.......

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:27 am

Tosh wrote:That threads for the microkontrol - doesn't apply to the Kontrol49.

Still not luck.......
Yep,i know. Tried it anyway just in case. Bloody hell this is annoying.

Tosh

Post by Tosh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:55 am

According to support you have to load the Factory preset (Factory Preset.k4s) and select scene 5 which is Cubase - seems strange.

I have tried this but with no luck.

Anyone else tried this and got it to work.

tosh.

Tosh

Post by Tosh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:09 am

According to support you have to load the Factory preset (Factory Preset.k4s) and select scene 5 which is Cubase - seems strange.

I have tried this but with no luck.

Anyone else tried this and got it to work.

tosh.

Tosh

Post by Tosh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:35 pm

Ok. Got this to work now.

For anyone that's intereseted here's what i did:

1.Load the Factory presets via the Editor Libarian
2.Change the midi out on the librarian to not detect auto ( or something like that)
3. Select Scene 5 - Cubase.
3. Load Up Ableton and select the Kontrol49 in Midi and then one of the Midi in parameters.

Just should do it...

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:46 pm

Can anyone get this thing to recive updates from live at all? I am trying to work with this using the normal templates and no matter what the encoders jump in stead of either picking up when using the "pick up" function in live. Also the encoders just dont update at all.

*sigh* frustrating

nfms

Post by nfms » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:43 pm

Tosh wrote:Ok. Got this to work now.

For anyone that's intereseted here's what i did:

1.Load the Factory presets via the Editor Libarian
2.Change the midi out on the librarian to not detect auto ( or something like that)
3. Select Scene 5 - Cubase.
3. Load Up Ableton and select the Kontrol49 in Midi and then one of the Midi in parameters.

Just should do it...
Could you be a bit more specific, at point 2

having a problem getting it to work as well...
www.optech-dnb.com
www.myspace.com/optechdnb
Dark Audio Visual Drum and Bass
Ableton Live 6 // Resolume 2.4 // Behringer BCF2000 // Zero remote SL // Edirol UA-25 // UC-33 // Access Virus B // Macbook core2duo // 2x SL 1210 // SMX 401

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:25 pm

Well i tried working this one out with ableton support but after three very very weak emails they just did not respond at all! What the heck is going on with ableton support :?: :!:

When I bought ableton live4 the support was quick friendly and to the point. Now I send an email and about a week later I get a reply email asking me questions that I have already given them answers to. I am a true ableton fan and have turned many people on to there software and it burns me to think that there support is going the way of the dogs.

So I have to ask here. If someone realy understands how to get the controll 49 to work with the automap features in live I would love to hear from you. I tried to follow what Tosh said but I get no love from the 49.

Thanks

nfms

Post by nfms » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:52 pm

Mike Goodwin wrote:Well i tried working this one out with ableton support but after three very very weak emails they just did not respond at all! What the heck is going on with ableton support :?: :!:

When I bought ableton live4 the support was quick friendly and to the point. Now I send an email and about a week later I get a reply email asking me questions that I have already given them answers to. I am a true ableton fan and have turned many people on to there software and it burns me to think that there support is going the way of the dogs.

So I have to ask here. If someone realy understands how to get the controll 49 to work with the automap features in live I would love to hear from you. I tried to follow what Tosh said but I get no love from the 49.

Thanks
Still having the same problem :/
Annoying :(
www.optech-dnb.com
www.myspace.com/optechdnb
Dark Audio Visual Drum and Bass
Ableton Live 6 // Resolume 2.4 // Behringer BCF2000 // Zero remote SL // Edirol UA-25 // UC-33 // Access Virus B // Macbook core2duo // 2x SL 1210 // SMX 401