wavearts channelstrip

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:34 pm

john gordon wrote:the sonalkiss comp.doest have sidechaining. damn! looks nice though.
but would you rather have a comp that sounds better in all areas, without side chaining - than one that sounds worse, with side chaining?

demo em both. :wink:

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:17 pm

yeah, ive decided to wait and just work with what i have for now. i just bought a UA,
LA-610, so i dont need a compressor cause im running my drums, outta my mpc into the 610, before going into live. i just wish i abletons compressor had 1##%$#^@ING.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:28 am

I like all the Wave Arts plugs, but the only essential one for me's Panorama...

ew

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:21 am

ewistrand wrote:I like all the Wave Arts plugs, but the only essential one for me's Panorama...

ew
So ew, what's your 'essential' channel strip consist of?
Professional Shark Jumper.

steff3

Post by steff3 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:02 am

Well, I for one do not think that Live Reverb and Masterverb sound the same - Live Reverb is pretty cold, Masterverb pretty neutral. compared to a Lexicon they both might point into the same direction - but there quite some difference. Also the gate is nice on the Masterverb - especially in conjunction with Impulse.

Trackplug - real side-chain is nice - also version 5 has different compressor modes, quite useful. ANother really nice feature is the brickwall filter bands - very useful.

MultiDynamics if great - because it is intuitive to use.

and they are all light on the cpu.

if you want true side-chain and more analog compression - Metric Halo ChannelStrip!

best

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:20 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
ewistrand wrote:I like all the Wave Arts plugs, but the only essential one for me's Panorama...

ew
So ew, what's your 'essential' channel strip consist of?
I don't use compression or EQ, so I guess the answer would be none...

The only way I know how the other Wave Arts plugs are is that I do some testing for Rob every once in a while when I have time.

ew