help: how do I assign IMPULSE sounds to pads in Padkontrol?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
pisquano

help: how do I assign IMPULSE sounds to pads in Padkontrol?

Post by pisquano » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:18 pm

hi there I finally managed to make padkontrol recognised by my laptop..

but even if I use the "albeton scene" only a few pads really work, whatever set I load on impulse..

what is the procedure to assign manually every sound to a specific pad?
thanks all

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:24 pm

I've never used a PadControl but what you need to know about Impulse is that the drum notes are set to the notes
C3 D3 E3 F3 G3 A3 B3 and C4.

So find out how to edit the notes on your padcontrol and set them to those notes.

If you want to access more than 1 Impulse at a time, drop the MIDI Pitch plug in that came with Live, send Impulse 2 C5 D5 etc and make the plug in drop those notes down to C3, D3 etc.

eo

padKontrol note settings for Impulse

Post by eo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:20 pm

The actual note settings for the Impulse drums are, from left to right:

C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4, B7, C5

servando

hehehe, I have a trick..

Post by servando » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:49 pm

I use one preset of my behringer rotary for send notes to impulse, the only thing I had to do was insert a midi effect "pitch" before the impulse, and then, adjust the effect up until you hear the notes.

Option 2 consist in customize one page of your controller note by note (I should have done this on my ROland R-70 but I am too lazy..)

hehehe.

http://servandisco.ya.st
If you work with screens, the sun is your enemy.

pisquano

Post by pisquano » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:25 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:I've never used a PadControl but what you need to know about Impulse is that the drum notes are set to the notes
C3 D3 E3 F3 G3 A3 B3 and C4.

So find out how to edit the notes on your padcontrol and set them to those notes.

If you want to access more than 1 Impulse at a time, drop the MIDI Pitch plug in that came with Live, send Impulse 2 C5 D5 etc and make the plug in drop those notes down to C3, D3 etc.
sorry I don't think i understand...can you elaborate?
also how can I then save everytihng to have my "drum kit" ready to go every time?
ideally I want to have a situation where every pad of the 16 pads assigned to a different sound in impulse, each carefully selected by different sets

thanks

grokgod

Post by grokgod » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:09 am

oh yea that worked perfectly..

although it looks like the flam or roll doesnt work on all samples,

But the pads are great fun and the manual states how to simple reassign the pads to the correct keys, thanks for the codes for the keys..!

lero

Post by lero » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:50 am

grokgod wrote:
although it looks like the flam or roll doesnt work on all samples,
The thing is that the flam and roll functions are assignable to the pads.This means that if they do not work on all the samples it's because you haven't assigned the functions to the pads.I'm at work and don't have the PK in front of me but it's somewhere in the manual.If you can't find it tell me about it and I'll post the procedure when I get home.

hgavin

Post by hgavin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:31 am

grokgod wrote:although it looks like the flam or roll doesnt work on all samples,
Select your scene. Press the setting button, then hold down Flam or Roll. The pads that light up are the ones assigned to flam or roll, just press a pad to enable/disable it.
All the gear but no idea.

grokgod

Post by grokgod » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:04 pm

Sweet!

Thanks guys this board is DA BEST..

Wish I could invite you all to dinner me mum is da best cook ever!

billy1

Re: help: how do I assign IMPULSE sounds to pads in Padkontr

Post by billy1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:26 am

pisquano wrote:hi there I finally managed to make padkontrol recognised by my laptop..

but even if I use the "albeton scene" only a few pads really work, whatever set I load on impulse..

what is the procedure to assign manually every sound to a specific pad?
thanks all
yeah if U map from your device is ok but I just did get to work the opposite way...midi rack is the way to go...with that chain U can insert the mapping that translate the received midi notes in whatever other message\note U want...so midi rack plus the scale effect...it will seem impossible to understand how that weird puzzle works at first but spend 5 mins observing for example the C major scale effect...once U got it it will always be there...very easy