Unable to Save > Then "Sample Offline"

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
m-laboratories.net

Unable to Save > Then "Sample Offline"

Post by m-laboratories.net » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:07 pm

Sometimes when I am recording samples, and dragging them from the session view to the arranger view, ableton Live says that it is unable to save the file because it can't find some of the clips.

After I click "OK" to that message, all of the clips on screen will read "Sample Offline" instead of having a waveform in them.

The weirdest part is this. To fix it, I have to either render each clip down, save them to disk again, and then replace the temp clips with the rendered ones, OR I have to hit the "replace" button on one of the clips and point it to the correct file. At that point, all of the samples come back "online."

Should I submit a screenshot? Unfortunately I can not send the liveset because it won't let me save it in that state :)

System: Dell 1.7 Gz Pentium IV, 768 MB RAM, Live 3.0, M-Audio Quattro.

mlabs

bump

Post by mlabs » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:04 pm

anyone else get this problem too?

i also found out that i can fix it by hitting "edit", and then when sound forge kicks up and opens it and i switch back to live, the waveform is filled in.