who owns a scooter?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kooki415

Post by kooki415 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:00 pm

get a puch ! Image[/img]

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:19 pm

electric bike!! 20+ mph costs pennies to charg 20 mile range (without peddling)

http://www.tidalforce.com/products/m750x/
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:26 pm

Almost in the same situation here. Just realised that instead of 2 cars
we could do just fine with 1 and a scooter.

Im goin for Yamaha Neos

But some part of me really digs Honda Zoomer

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:38 pm

mike holiday wrote:electric bike!! 20+ mph costs pennies to charg 20 mile range (without peddling)[
Cool idea but everytime I see one it just seems wrong, like tits on a bull. RIDE your bike. ;)

Patch

Post by Patch » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:11 pm

A Vespa is a Scooter.

A Lambretta is a Lambretta...

Johnny-come-lately

Post by Johnny-come-lately » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:25 am

Patch wrote:A Vespa is a Scooter.

A Lambretta is a Lambretta...
Don't understand this but I will say that having both in my youth I would recommend a Lambretta over a Vespa. Instead of pressed metal it has an actual frame with even weight distribution unlike the Vespa that has a heavy right side, as that is where the motor is.
I used to be way in to Vespa's and Lambretta's but happily gave it up for safety reasons as I value my life. Because of this I would sugest against getting a motorized two-wheeled vehicle but that is just my opinion. Another opinion I have is that if you are not already an experienced motorized cyclist you will put it down. So yes, I highly recommend a training coarse.
A little about myself in this thread after Sales Dude McBoob asked for more information after reading my signature at the time after I started a stupid thread: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=#295839

glu

Post by glu » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:07 am

Johnny-come-lately wrote: I would sugest against getting a motorized two-wheeled vehicle but that is just my opinion. Another opinion I have is that if you are not already an experienced motorized cyclist you will put it down. So yes, I highly recommend a training coarse.
I totally see where you are coming from. That is why all I want is a moped that can push 50mph or so, even though I would only go about 35 at the most. I just want to be able to ride it to school and work, but within 5 miles or so from where I live.

I have to take a MCsafety course to get the MC endorsement on my license anyway, and I welcome any knowledge that will help me be a defensive driver. Texas is known for its big ass trucks with only a single man or women in them, talking on their cell phones.

ON A SIDE NOTE< my parents are getting me a canoe for my b-day, so I can paddle down the colorado and then walk a few blocks! I love living on Town Lake Yuuayyya!

no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Johnny-come-lately

Post by Johnny-come-lately » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Funny you mention Texas. I still owned my last scooter, a Lambretta 150, when I moved to Dallas for a couple of years but decided not to take it with me as that is a crazy place to drive even with a car. It would have been cool occasionally going up and down Deep Ellum every once in a while on a Friday or Saturday night but other than that I don't think I would have wanted to use it much.
I would like to share another opinion of mine with you. More power, to a certain degree, is better/safer than less power. Of course you don't need 1200 CC's, as that is not to the degree that I am talking about here but when it comes to motorcycles more often than not what will save you from getting hit is being able to advance out of a situation rather than braking away from it.
Another opinion I have though it is slanted as it came from working on 30 plus year old scooters at the time is that if you buy used and therefore have no warranty you will rather quickly find that you will be working on this thing yourself. Guess you could pay somebody to do so for you but often times little fixes here and there will be easiest performed by yourself. I am mechanically declined and had no mechanical experience before owning scooters and was lucky enough to have made some friends that taught me lots. Even without there help I would have been doing minor fixes on my own such as replacing gas and gear changing cables on my own which I found out are usually done along side the rode with the spare parts and tools that were kept in the supposed glove box.
If I were to ride again, which I won't be, I would probably do a 400 CC to 600 CC motorcycle that was purchased new.
A little about myself in this thread after Sales Dude McBoob asked for more information after reading my signature at the time after I started a stupid thread: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=#295839

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:57 pm

Scooters are really dangerous due to small wheels, breaking-specially in emergency throw them out of control and if it is wet you are gone.
We have more scooters in India then anywhere else in the world, so I know what I am talking about.
My all times favourite is this Royal Enfield http://www.royalenfield.com/app/US/Prod ... assic.asp- classic British design from 1947, they modified the breaks and exhaust to fit modern needs but it has a class and style. I dreamed about it from childhood and got one as soon I could afford. The sound is fantastic, I even sampled it and used on one of my albums ( iit is single cylinder so the name "Bullet" comes from the sound). Very well balanced, safe and you can do all kinds of things on it including, you know the Prince thing...I had so much fun with it (on it) wish had one in Germany too. I never owned car in India since it is so cheap to hire car with driver to go to studio or concert and would go everywhere else on my Bullet
This thing is like Les Paul, 1958 Strat or Rhodes.

ultrasource

Post by ultrasource » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:42 pm

HP L2000 | Live 5 + Operator | MOTU 828mkII | other stuff

Johnny-come-lately

Post by Johnny-come-lately » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:11 pm

rikhyray wrote:Scooters are really dangerous due to small wheels, breaking-specially in emergency throw them out of control and if it is wet you are gone.
Good points and that does look like a real nice bike.
Until this thread I had not thought about riding in a pretty long time and after making my post above I was thinking back to a 200 CC Vespa I had that with lots of help had rebuilt the engine and bored out the cylinder. The thing was fast for a street legal Vespa. One day I was able to get it up to 82/83 MPH with a friend driving beside me to verify. That was a one-time thing because those 10" wheels couldn't take it and the whole thing started to shake violently and it was apparent that it was maxed out so we never did that again.
Something I liked a lot about scooters is the seating position. It is upright and comfortable. Might not look real cool for a motorcycle but this would be something that I would look for in a bike as well.

philipbarrett

Post by philipbarrett » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:24 pm

I ride a hopped up 50cc Kymco, it'll comfortably hit 60mph and still get 85mpg - http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/scoote ... index.html.

I get a lot of compliments from the fairer sex too. As for the "scooters are for girls get a real motorcylce clones" my previous bikes included a Ducati Supersport (lightly race prepped) and a Yamaha FJ1200, in other words I like to think I know my way around fast 2 wheelers a little - SO BACK OFF! Honestly this little Kymco is the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

Buy from a dealer with a good service area & stay away from Chinese scoots on ebay. Any good scooter these days should include a 2 year warranty. A stock 50 will get you up to about 45/50mph & 80-100mpg, a 125 up to 65mph & 70-80 mpg.

Have fun!

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:37 am

honda makes good scooters, i was going to get one again however i reserved one of revopowers new bike tires. the tire has an engine built into it, it get's 250 miles per gallon and goes 23 miles per hour.

check it, fuckin bad ass

http://www.revopower.com/main_detect.html

glu

Post by glu » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:28 am

Any good Honda moped/ motorcycle dealer websites with free shipping? For some reason, can't seem to find one on google. Are they just Honda motors with a seperate manufacturer body?
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:28 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
mike holiday wrote:electric bike!! 20+ mph costs pennies to charg 20 mile range (without peddling)[
Cool idea but everytime I see one it just seems wrong, like tits on a bull. RIDE your bike. ;)

i know your familiar with evolution !?!
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"