Rewire Slave instrument plugins

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
oj

Rewire Slave instrument plugins

Post by oj » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:03 am

I'm not sure if this is possible with the architecture of the live audio endine, but it would be great if when using live as a rewire slave, both VST and AU instrument plugins were operable. I understand that Fx plugins could not be supported, as the Rewire standard has no provision for sending audio from the rewire master to the rewire slave (at least I belive this is the case), but as to the Instrument plugins, I'm shure many Pro Tools users, such as my self would become avid Live customers, for the vast array of VST an Au Instruments this would make available to them. For that matter, I imagine Logic and Cubase users would jump on the bandwagen too, as this would be far more usable than currently available "wrapers".

Living in hope ....

arendownie

Re: Rewire Slave instrument plugins

Post by arendownie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:28 pm

oj wrote:I'm not sure if this is possible with the architecture of the live audio endine, but it would be great if when using live as a rewire slave, both VST and AU instrument plugins were operable. I understand that Fx plugins could not be supported, as the Rewire standard has no provision for sending audio from the rewire master to the rewire slave (at least I belive this is the case), but as to the Instrument plugins, I'm shure many Pro Tools users, such as my self would become avid Live customers, for the vast array of VST an Au Instruments this would make available to them. For that matter, I imagine Logic and Cubase users would jump on the bandwagen too, as this would be far more usable than currently available "wrapers".

Living in hope ....
I concur- being able to use live's great sequencing of VST's and AU's as a Rewire slave to say, Pro Tools, would be wonderfull. I was very suprised that this was not the case..

bandybum2

Post by bandybum2 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:53 pm

VOTE for this feature pleaseeeee....

....enough votes...

...and these wonderful Ableton guys will deliver!!

Just hit the REPLY button and type "X" to vote. C'mon... you can do it :wink:

This will make all the difference in the world to Rewire. Without this feature quickly sketching out song ideas in Live and then transfering them to Cubase/Sonar/Logic slows production to a crawl. :roll:

Personally, without VSTi capability Rewire becomes pretty much redundant.....terrible waste because it's a great concept that could be FAB. This is THE make or break sale point for many many owners of other sequencers!

Make it happen and VOTE now!!

Keep up the good work Ableton :)