Record Dropouts

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
brothersean

Record Dropouts

Post by brothersean » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:04 am

I'm running Live 3.0 on a Dell Inspiron 8500 with 512 mb Ram, a 2.4 Ghz P4 and XP pro. For a sound card I'm using a Motu 828 MKII.

I'm a guitarist and singer and I use Live to record guitar loops. Well the problem I have is that often times when I record a guitar loop into live it will not record the loop. It looks like it is recording and shows the wave form but will not play any audio. Usually when this happens I hear a little blip right before the loop should begin to play and then nothing. So what I do is erase the loop and start over again, at times Live will do this three of four times in a row, not so fun in front of a crowd of people. When I record the loops I use 1 bar quantization and am also running a drum loop on another track in live.

Any ideas on what could be the cause here. My CPU load is only at around 6 - 8% when this happens.

thanks,
kevin

brothersean

Record Dropouts FIXED

Post by brothersean » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:12 am

I reinstalled Live 2.0.3 on the same system I was having the record dropouts on (Dell Inspiron 8500, XP Pro, Motu 828mkII, Live 3.0) and I experienced no more dropouts at the end of recording loops. So needless to say I will not be using Live 3.0 "live" until this issue is resolved.

Ableton please look into this!

thanks,
kevin mcpeak
info@brothersean.com

brothersean

Record Dropouts FIXED (cont.)

Post by brothersean » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:32 am

I also tried this on Live vs 2.1.2 and had no problems with record dropouts either so it appears to be an isolated problem with LIVE 3.0 and my system configuration: Windows XP Pro, Dell Inspiron 8500, Motu 828mkII.

raapie

yes, maybe I am having the same problem

Post by raapie » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:52 am

2 days ago I recorde a track using Live's Master In and experienced a drop-out as well. never had this under 2.1.2 indeed.

I need more time to experiment with it to make sure it's a bug.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

Ruotger Skupin

Post by Ruotger Skupin » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:46 pm

Hi People

If someone experiences a dropout problem again, could you please send me the Live set you were working on (without samples)

Thank You

Roddi
please state the following information with *every* problem you have:
1. Exact version of Live
2. System: Processor, RAM
3. Operating System
4. Audio hardware
Thank You

Ruotger "Roddi" Skupin
Developer
skupin@ableton.com