THE BEST AUDIO CARD 4 LIVE, IS:

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
jasefos

Post by jasefos » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:22 am

MrYellow wrote:RME Multiface

Especially like the DigiCheck software which includes 30-band meter bridge,
phase correlation scope etc.

8in/out, full internal routing via nice interface with presets and such.

Comes with nice flight case and PCI+PCMCIA slots if bought as the bundle.

Never had a problem, always a dream.

-Ben

Agreed !

It's never fallen over on my system either. Good ASIO drivers make a big difference don't they !!!!
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:19 am

They actually seem to properly test shit.....

Speaking of which, there are some test wavs on their site that u can run
through your card to see if it has common problems built into it that other
companies miss.

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/download/audtest.htm

-Ben

CJ Vega

Post by CJ Vega » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:01 am

The RME is an excellent choise but a little expensive if you dont wanna spend so much money, or dont need so high specs...

Though you need to have a PCMCIA slot to use with a laptop wich is stupid.
They should update for a FW or USB2 version soon.

CJ Vega
2xPBG4 1.5Ghz / 80 / 1.5GB - Live - Reason - Arkaos - Novation X-Station - Access Virus Ti... Plus a lot of Old School Gear!

CJ Vega

Post by CJ Vega » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:22 am

!? No answer!
2xPBG4 1.5Ghz / 80 / 1.5GB - Live - Reason - Arkaos - Novation X-Station - Access Virus Ti... Plus a lot of Old School Gear!

grok

Post by grok » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:03 pm

On my pc I have a Echo Gina 2 in/8 out.I think it really sounds fantastic.I have a EMI 2/6 on my laptop and it doesn't sound so good as the Echo.The echo is sounding rounder and more full.The emi sounds very clear and crispy but a little thin.I'me planning to buy an motu traveller soon,any comments on that one?

Greetz
Grok
P4 Desktop-Echo Gina-Laptop P4-Motu Ultra Lite-AkaiMFC-Sherman-TeeBee 383-Reaktor-Live 7-Alesis Mk2-Novation Remote-Phat Boy-DBX comp-Korg KaossPad 3-Kaossilator-Akai MPD32

quandry

Post by quandry » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:28 pm

I love my RME multiface too. However, it is pricey. The hands-down unbeatable bang-for-buck interfaces at the moment are the Alesisi Multimix Firewire interfaces. Seach these forums for "multimix" to read some of my posts describing how sweet it is. Unbelievably low latency, 10 analog inputs at once, can act as a stand-alone mixer with onboard effects, 4 xlr phantom mic inputs, all for $400. 12 and 16 input versions too. These things are amazing for the price--nothing else even comes close to giving you those features for the price, plus the latency is WAY lower (on macs at least) than the FW 410. Check 'em out.

Ryan
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

CJ Vega

Post by CJ Vega » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:26 am

News update?

How about the new Apogee?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:59 am

Metric Halo 2882+DSP

they're chainable.
i have 2 of them.

i'd say the next step up from there is a Rosetta w/ Firewire card.

but those are both high dollar solutions.

i'd say the best bang for buck south of $900 is the Motu Ultralite
south of $1100 - Fireface400 (the new one)
after that, the Metric Halo 2882 without DSP... but its mac only.

rupps

MOTU

Post by rupps » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:26 am

HEy ppl!

I had M/Audio FW410, FW1814 and now a MOTU. I've finally found THE audio interface. Not only is rock-solid, the drivers are an example of how drivers should be programmed. The connectors for the audio jacks transmit a sensation of professional equipment as soon as you plug your first cable on them: Nothing to do with that crappy plastic plugs found on most interfaces!

MOTU forever.

Cache

Post by Cache » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:05 am

yo bitches -

i had Indigo IO and Indigo DJ
both are amazing cards.

I got a Firebox and it was less quality than the Indigo. It would crackle at smaller %s.

basically, i don't trust the firewire cards, the cardbus cards are the winner.

hands down.

laverly.

cache
www.cachemusic.com
myspace.com/1800cachecall
myspace.com/autonomousunit
myspace.com/kinesicla
myspace.com/pocketonfridays

stegi

Post by stegi » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:31 pm

MOTU TRAVELER :!: :wink:

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:48 pm

RME does solid stuff for the buck, bar none, yes there are better ones, but RME is pretty damn good and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, if you want something seriously better than that, you go into real high end converters with real high end prices which might exceed the cost of your setup, or don't make sense if the rest is not up to it.

Schizophonix

Audiophile vs. Traveler

Post by Schizophonix » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:55 am

Hello, this is another Firewire Audiophile user...

Never had any problems with it, it is great for monitoring with the second stereo output, latency is minimal and it sounds professional. Also it is small and portable. It does a great job for what it costs.

We also have a MOTU Traveler in our little home studio, its is my housemate's, who will take a couple of years more before he can take advantage of all the possibilities of the soundcard. It is a very professional piece of gear, so using it in a modest home studio is like having a Porsche in a mountainous dirt road -you will never have the chance to drive it to the max. The Audiophile is more like a cheap 4x4, simple but robust.

I have been using the Traveler a lot, while my housemate was using my Audiophile for working with Pro-Tools M-Powered. The amusing thing about it is the ability to assign each of Live's tracks to one stereo output, and connect them all to our Yamaha mixing desk... Forget about Live's mixer! Doing the mix in an external mixer sounds better (more analogue) and it is more convenient for playing live, although I have never tried it on stage...

The funny thing about the MOTU is we are having a nightmare trying to synchronise its MIDI clock with the Audiophile... It has all kinds of fancy digital and analog connections, but NO OPTION for synchronising through a good old 5-pin MIDI cable!! Sure, you get AES/EBU, S/PDIF, Word Clock, SMPTE and ADAT syncing, but no simple analog MIDI!!!
You see my point about driving a Porsche in the mountain?

Anyway, my housemate sees it as an investment towards the future, since he will soon be a qualified sound engineer... Hope the soundcard is not outdated by the time he gets to use it seriously... We are talking about a €900 (roughly $900 or 600 pounds) investment!...

Take care

Schizophonix

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue May 02, 2006 11:15 am

I need 5 outs (4 going to a line each on my DJM 600, and 1 for monitoring in ableton). Which AI will allow me to do this? At the moment I am looking at the 410/Saffire/Traveller AI's - but buying any of these will mean I'll have to use ASIO4all in order to get the extra out I need for monitoring (this will be done on the laptops internal stereo out).

Any AI's out there with 5 outputs or more, but in the same price bracket?

KX

Post by KX » Tue May 02, 2006 12:03 pm

I'm playing guitar through Live
That's why I bought M-audio's Fast Track Pro
2 Ins for Mics/Instr
2 Outs for Djing
Asio 2 (Lattency 5 ms)
USB powered
24 bits recording