Intel Mac's fan noise?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aviavi

Intel Mac's fan noise?

Post by aviavi » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:44 pm

Hello.

Can any Intel-based iMac, MacBook or Mac Mini users comment on fan noise (or noise of any sort) while running Live or other processor-intensive apps?

Thanks,

Avi

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:14 pm

It won't be any louder than the club's PA. Unless the Club's PA is really weak, then just tell folks it a pad.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

gomi

Re: Intel Mac's fan noise?

Post by gomi » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:39 pm

aviavi wrote:Hello.

Can any Intel-based iMac, MacBook or Mac Mini users comment on fan noise (or noise of any sort) while running Live or other processor-intensive apps?

Thanks,

Avi

my mac mini g4's fan noise is hardly noticable, and i know
the g4 is gonna run way hotter then the intel.
bet it will be nearly silent.

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 pm

my fan noise is virtually none at all.

i'm starting to do a few cpu instensive activities.

macbook pro,2.0gz, 1gb, 100gb harddrive.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:33 pm

gomi wrote: i know
obviously you haven't used Pentium 4's...

some say they add to the global warming effect.

kenn michael

Post by kenn michael » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 pm

REEEALLLY....
.....quiet....

(ok, i'm bored)

no seriously - the macbook is damn near silent... and when the fan does come on, it's still quiet.

gomi

Post by gomi » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:28 pm

sweetjesus wrote:

nonsense
my other pc is a p4 2.8
it's noisey

the intel core duo's are mobile chips, they are designed to
run cooler then a p4

band-x

Post by band-x » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:05 pm

iMac is really quiet too. No probs when it's quiet

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:09 pm

gomi wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:

nonsense
my other pc is a p4 2.8
it's noisey

the intel core duo's are mobile chips, they are designed to
run cooler then a p4
not nonsense, p4's are like super frekkin hot.

if i dont use my P4 (desktop CPU) notebook on a desk, my thighs are only a few degress away from needing some secret herbs and spices before being sold at a kfc cookup...

the the centrino and the pentium-m dont suffer from the same heat issues...and AFAIK dual core intel's don't either.

radeon

Post by radeon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:32 pm

sweetjesus wrote:

RuBISH you Mac hard fan. The biggest noise computer I own is Dual G5 it has noisy fans and always a high pitch noise cause by CPU. I have P4 with three hard drives 5 fans and is half quite than G5 I once own worst computer ever made it was a dual g4 and sounded like a jet/ Dont call me liar because there is many proofs of this all over internet and Apple become forced to change fan and power supply on thousands of dual g4. Many peoples with my G5 also now try to get Apple to do something for the high pitch noise but they do nothing. Thousands of peoples have this problem so please do not becoem the mac fan and tell lies for PCs being noise. This is a lie and you know its.

:roll:

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:42 pm

radeon wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:

RuBISH you Mac hard fan. The biggest noise computer I own is Dual G5 it has noisy fans and always a high pitch noise cause by CPU. I have P4 with three hard drives 5 fans and is half quite than G5 I once own worst computer ever made it was a dual g4 and sounded like a jet/ Dont call me liar because there is many proofs of this all over internet and Apple become forced to change fan and power supply on thousands of dual g4. Many peoples with my G5 also now try to get Apple to do something for the high pitch noise but they do nothing. Thousands of peoples have this problem so please do not becoem the mac fan and tell lies for PCs being noise. This is a lie and you know its.

:roll:
radeon, i enjoy some of your posts, but you're an idiot sometimes and this is one of them... i use pc's... i have 2 p4 machines (one a notebook and one a custom made desktop) sitting in front of me in an acoustically controlled soundproof room... want me to record the ambiance?

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:01 am

Hi jesus yes please do recordings the ambinece but I still not see what you eamn. I tell you the most noise computers I ever own is my G5 dual I have now and before it was dual G4 whcih was like an air planes engunes and there is proofs of this on the internet for G5 and G4 even apple admits on the site. My P4 is very silents well not so silent but less noise than my apples. SO why am I stupid Maybe jesus it could be some PC are noisy and some apple are noise you can t only say PC is noise becasue this is a lie. I am fair person but when mac user talk about computer it is always as if it were best computer ever then why do they become PC but I use both and happy it is not a problems

I enjoy your posting to and sometime you can be stupid (u know I not serious when I say these thinks i hoping)? I wonder if peopels all thinkings I mean everythinks I say :?

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:02 am

Sweetjesus better get rid off this P4 laptop if you use it for many hours daily. That bloody thing may kill your ears. I strongly suspect that I had my SHL last year due to it. What might be OK for casual users being , like myself, exposed to 10-14 hours daily of uninterrupted high pitched noise is dangerous.
I lost some money Ebaying that biyatch but gained some peace.
The mobile Intels are OK in high end PCs so should be same in Mac.

p_insect

Post by p_insect » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:13 am

BTW there's all kinds of reports about some kind of weird resonating CPU whining noise over at the Apple forums.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am

radeon wrote:Hi jesus yes please do recordings the ambinece but I still not see what you eamn. I tell you the most noise computers I ever own is my G5 dual I have now and before it was dual G4 whcih was like an air planes engunes and there is proofs of this on the internet for G5 and G4 even apple admits on the site. My P4 is very silents well not so silent but less noise than my apples. SO why am I stupid Maybe jesus it could be some PC are noisy and some apple are noise you can t only say PC is noise becasue this is a lie. I am fair person but when mac user talk about computer it is always as if it were best computer ever then why do they become PC but I use both and happy it is not a problems

I enjoy your posting to and sometime you can be stupid (u know I not serious when I say these thinks i hoping)? I wonder if peopels all thinkings I mean everythinks I say :?
http://www.fridge.net.au/audio/noise.wav

its a 96000 normalised wav of my room at the moment with me speaking briefly at the end.