Solo on my Remote 25 through Live rewired with Reason?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EneA

Solo on my Remote 25 through Live rewired with Reason?

Post by EneA » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:59 pm

8O

Is this possible? Can I play a patch on the Subtractor in Reason reWired via Live?

It would be great !!!

It should work but...

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:50 pm

I have been trying to get my Remote25 to play Reason through Live but it wont work. When I hit a key there is no midi information getting through. On occasion I get a midi note message through but then the note hangs. I contacted Novation and they said it should work fine. Is anybody using this combination without problems?

mlabs

yes

Post by mlabs » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:00 pm

yes.

try using it in reason without live and vice versa, does it work then?

I have never had any problems with sending midi data via remote 25, so I'm afraid I can't help much. Describe what you're doing and how you're setting it up.

EneA

Post by EneA » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:14 am

:)

Hi mlabs,

The thing is that I will use Live as the master and Reason as the slave in ReWire.

So, the question is; can I play the Substractor synth in Reason with my keyboard controller while I'm in Live??

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:38 am

Live will "steal" the midi connection, it won't go through to Reason.

The solution is to use a program like Hubi's Loopback or MidiYoke.

I prefer MidiYoke as it allows you to do more advanced things like swap CC numbers via software, limit knobs and faders and various other stuff that is cool too :)

EneA

Post by EneA » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:53 am

:D

Great Amberience,

Can you tell me a little how this works?? Is this a virtual thing or a piece of hardware?? Can you send it through USB?

six_wax

Re: Solo on my Remote 25 through Live rewired with Reason?

Post by six_wax » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:05 pm

EneA wrote:8O

Is this possible? Can I play a patch on the Subtractor in Reason reWired via Live?
ooohhhh. I need to do this too. Anyone got a solution?

Is this an error in the Rewire implementation? You can certainly do this with other Rewire master seqs.

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:22 pm

No problems here.
I play reason through Live all the time!
Totally no latency.
It is possible and in my opinion very easy to set up.....
I am on a mac and it works in 9.2 and in OSX
Keep on trying..
Greetinz Jamm..
8)

six_wax

Post by six_wax » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:12 pm

thanks for the taunting.

well, over here, it seems that Live will happily share a MIDI port with Reason. So go into Preferences -> MIDI in Reason and select the midi port you want Reason to use. Live seems indifferent to this behavior, and can also use the same port.

This is not how Rewire works in other apps, like DP or SX, where you have to pipe the MIDI from the Master to the Slave... so I don't think it's suprising that someone is confused.

EneA

Post by EneA » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:12 am

:D

Hey Thanks six,

I'll check this out!!!

EneA

Post by EneA » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:43 am

:?

Hello there six_wax,

I've been checking out your post on Live sharing a midi port with Reason.

Well, it did'nt, so can you please help me again on this?

I did go to Preferences MIDI in Reason and, I only have one MIDI-port on my soundcard, so I made sure that that output was selected.

After that I started Live and than Reason as a ReWire slave. However, when I start Reason I immediately got a message that the midi-port was take over by another application, in this case Live.

So, I immediately went to the MIDI-preferences in Reason again to find everything indeed was blocked over there.

So, please tell me how do you do it??