Suppatrigga always repeating itself

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
audiovoid

Suppatrigga always repeating itself

Post by audiovoid » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 am

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that suppatrigga always repeats the random little edits that it performs "twice".
The way that I noticed this was when inserting it on a drum track in arange view and setting all the propability parameter's to low "subtle" settings.
whenever a random little stutter or reverse edit would happen it would repeat one more time. Has anyone else had thi problem as well?
Please forgive me if this topic has already been posted, as I tried searching but couldn't find one.
Thankx
audiovoid.net
Macbook pro,
MacPro 8 core
running OSX, &
WinXP through Bootcamp and Fusion

bitesize

Post by bitesize » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:38 am

yeah man, i get this happening as well, and not just repeated twice either. supatrigger just sometimes gets locked into it's own little groove + repeats an edit a few times, before realising what it's supposed to be doing + going back to the randomness. i guess it just gets carried away...

i find the best thing to do with any supatrigger-enhanced tracks is to record a couple of different run-throughs of the track with supatrigger on, then chop out the best edits + put them where you want them. you lose the randomness, but you do get to control what's going on + can try to put some fake randomness back in.

audiovoid

Right_Thanks

Post by audiovoid » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:01 am

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I definately Do do the multiple record takes of suppatrigga tarcks and them reEdit those, but as far as the small bit of randomness on a track for _say a live show, it's not exactly as subtle as I would like it to be. I could always perform this kind of stuff using follow actions anyways. And yes, it does sometimes get locked into it's own little repeating grooves for me as well.
But hey, it's free and it sounds great regardless.
Thankz Yo.
Linds
audiovoid.net
Macbook pro,
MacPro 8 core
running OSX, &
WinXP through Bootcamp and Fusion