Performance view

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
onslaught

Post by onslaught » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:31 am

Yep, I'm into this view.
Having a view like that for Impulse with the midi arrangment along side it's individual controls would also be great for production

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:00 pm

count me in too for this extra view ....

Cheers
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

montrealbreaks

WORD!!!

Post by montrealbreaks » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:49 pm

Yes, this view rocks!!!

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

Sunburzt

Post by Sunburzt » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:50 pm

Bumpy!

and congrats on your 1000 post montrealbreaks :P
*If it takes a thousand words to describe a picture,
it must take a thousand pictures to describe music...*

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Sunburzt wrote:Bumpy!

and congrats on your 1000 post montrealbreaks :P
thanks. I've changed the name nowadays to M. Bréqs...

But this view is an excellent idea, I concur.

telekom

Post by telekom » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:08 pm

not for me thanks...
I appreciate the idea and I think working up the screenshot is very admirable. IMHO this would complicate the view so much that I'd never know what I was doing. Actually it's not that I don't like the idea proposed - it's that I like Live how it is now.

I do think the forum has the best ideas for how Live should develop though. Maybe the best solution is to be able to choose configurations with different setups from preferences - that way you could literally have only session view if you're only DJing, or you could have mulitple sections for each track as above for close work. All at the flick of a switch....

I bet the Abletons are screaming at that idea...
:)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:35 am

Yes, I´m absolutely with you, it is only an addition, nothing else should be affected. I like the session view, as it´s a way to have an arrangement that is not fixed to the timeline, but lacks of immediate feedback when tweaking things. When I´ve build a working arrangement in session view there is no more need to see all the clips as tiny rectangular blocks wasting screenspace and doing nothing and having to click around many times. Real "Live" information and feedback you get only on about 1/3 of the screenspace.

I know the Abes hear us and I hope this will be put on the neverending todolist (on top perhaps :wink:), please I´m already dreaming of it!

Thanx for your input anyway!

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

telekom

Post by telekom » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:21 pm

Couple of notions to add to the original idea...

Serotoninsteve mentioned about how sometimes you are using screenspace viewing stuff you aren't working on... how about being able to "fold" Session view to the track you are currently working on, just like you can fold the midi editor to only show the range of notes you're using?

The idea of having several different types of view is obviously popular... how about being able to switch between Session, Arrangement, "LiveArrangement" mentioned above, and some other useful views by a programmable button. You could assign this button to a button on your controller or a computer keyboard key so you could toggle quickly between the diff views with one button... that would be useful...

Ain't Live great?
:D
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

gomi

Re: WORD!!!

Post by gomi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:18 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:Yes, this view rocks!!!

i agree

this would be awesome

oldbetseysatan

Post by oldbetseysatan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:59 pm

I've been asked to jump in and a jumping in I will go!

That's a great mock-up. I ESPECIALLY like the idea of a third view button contained in the screenview sections.

You could also make each track scale-able (for instance how you can horizontally scale in Session and vertically scale in Arrangment) so you could fold away the waveform or indeed fold away entire sections when not use. Kinda like how Reason does it with different modules/effects?

I really love the Forum's Wishlist.

A manageable idea or not, at least there's a place where ideas can be discussed in a civil manner instead of "Ableton you suck, why can't it be this way?'.

R.
A 'live' musician struggling with technology...

10.5.8, Pro Tools 8.0, Logic 9.0.2, Reason 3.05, Live 8.0.9.

Old Betsey Satan - The Flower Shop 8 Track. "She fought long and she fought hard..."

phillytomcat

Post by phillytomcat » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:57 pm

I would :D soooooooooo buy live if this was done. :D

rocdollar

Post by rocdollar » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:22 pm

Looks ideal!

I just don't understand why the multiple waveforms clip view wasn't in the spec for version 5... It is an absoute essential, particularly if Live wants to steal some of the market from other DJ apps.
Traktor and Ableton DNB mix archive...www.rocdollar.com

EnjoyRC

Post by EnjoyRC » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:25 pm

Kinda reminds me of the way Tracktion is laid out...
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:12 am

Yes, everything goes from the left to the right. If it would be configurable, the input section should be at the left, another good point, thanks for the input.

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

forge

Re: !!!!! Screenshot added!!!!! LIVEARRANGEMENT

Post by forge » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:32 pm

serotoninsteve wrote:....more than one clipview (one per track), a bit like Traktor
what if that was done like tabs, like firefox/safari so you have tabs for the clips for that track or all the tracks for that scene...