Waves Pitch Shift and Delay

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
sungwei

Waves Pitch Shift and Delay

Post by sungwei » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:56 am

When you have a Waves Pitch Shift on an Audio track it causes a delay in your MIDI tracks. I do not know if this happens with other Waves plug ins. So far this is the only one causing this problem. I know that Ableton has not yet become fully compatible with Wave plug ins (Live 5 that is).

Anyone else experience this?

Just a FYI, deleting the device fixes the problem. F___ing BS.
Lawrence

Version: Live 5.0.1 / OS: Windows XP Professional / Soundcard: Realteck AC97 Audio / Rewire App: Reason 3.0

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:53 am

bugs in waves plugs are pretty much a given anymore. I experienced with quite a few waves plugs that if I save a song using them then that song will no longer open anymore. real pain in the butt.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Machinate

Re: Waves Pitch Shift and Delay

Post by Machinate » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 am

sungwei wrote:When you have a Waves Pitch Shift on an Audio track it causes a delay in your MIDI tracks. I do not know if this happens with other Waves plug ins. So far this is the only one causing this problem. I know that Ableton has not yet become fully compatible with Wave plug ins (Live 5 that is).

Anyone else experience this?

Just a FYI, deleting the device fixes the problem. F___ing BS.
This is due to the pdc. Recording midi gets screwy when the pdc is high, so you might wanna try turning it off.

A.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

sungwei

Post by sungwei » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:48 pm

What is PDC? I just ended up recording as audio with the effect on and then deleting the device entirely. Only way around the problem.
Lawrence

Version: Live 5.0.1 / OS: Windows XP Professional / Soundcard: Realteck AC97 Audio / Rewire App: Reason 3.0