bloody women

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
atomic

Re: bloody women

Post by atomic » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:03 pm

robin wrote:
forge wrote:apologies to any women out there for the sexist generalisation, but I've had it with the headphuck.

What is the point?? Why is it I seem to choose women whose sole purpose seems to be to make me as miserable as they possibly can. I mean actually going out of their way to.

strange thing is by some paradox they almost seem to not mean to - it's just somehow bred into them that if there is something in your life that doesnt involve them that you enjoy then they will go out of their way to sabotage it and would rather see you unhappy than not under their control.

I'm sure there are some decent ones out there, but I just seem to choose the worng ones, or have bad Karma or something.
Forge, you're an Australian male aren't you.... ?

(Now can you see the irony in what I've just done?)

:)
LOLOL
ABIT NF7+AMDXP@2500, RME Multiface, TC Powercore Element+Virus, UAD-1, Nord Lead2, Reason2.5, impOSCar, Microtonic, Reaktor5 and some other stuff...

atomic

Post by atomic » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:14 pm

well I love my girlfriend and she is good to me. And I will admit that 90% of the time that she is pissing me off is because she is calling me on my shit. And most of the time it is justified but I just don't want to hear it. We only argue once in a blue moon and well she racks alot of pounding beats playing on repeat for hours. She is a great lady. All this being said I will say that women and men are VERY VERY different creatures and all healthy relationships are based on common goals, comunication, and compromize.

Sorry for your tough times Forge. There are good people of both sexes out there in the world. Good luck in findiing one in your time! In the meantime enjoy your personal time.
ABIT NF7+AMDXP@2500, RME Multiface, TC Powercore Element+Virus, UAD-1, Nord Lead2, Reason2.5, impOSCar, Microtonic, Reaktor5 and some other stuff...

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:30 pm

forge wrote:Actually I forgot to mention one of the thoughts I had earlier was that being single is far better because you apply yourself more to your work because you can use your sex drive.

When you are single you want to improve your self, in relationships you can get lazy.
Yes!!! Exactly what I was thinking. I also think that you do more daydreaming, wishing, developing your own thoughts, experimenting and taking more chances when you're single, which leads to more creativity and ideas.
udp wrote:I find that at least sometimes the siglemost drag on my creative productivity is my wife and kids. No wonder most artists are singe or divorced.

gues those are the consequences of choosing to start a family.
Aside from having more time to do your music, there is also less anxiety to perform when you are single. It's not like a marriage where you finally get an hour or two to yourself and then hopefully you don't have a hundred other things humming in the back of your mind. A little pressure from a deadline can be good. Pressure from anxiety is a creativity killer.
myztmuzic wrote: And something is Really wrong when u have to get some studiowork done; then they (almost always) feel like they have to compete with our beloved music-production :evil:

I maybe go single myself these days, cause I had it!! Pretty strange this thread was here now :wink:
I wouldn't be dissapointed if I never got married. I'm not jaded, afraid of getting sucked in, or anything. I just think it's probably not for me. A marriage is alot of compromise, drama and less sex. I am very happy being single! :D

I know it goes the other way around too. Now we all know why there are women who won't date musicians or parents who won't let women date them. :wink:

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:51 pm

Mr. Garrison form South Park said it best -

"I just don't trust something that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die."

New Episodes on Comedy Central 9pm PST

Tivo it and discuss on the BBS Forum www.soutparkstudios.com

ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:37 pm

icedsushi wrote:
forge wrote:Actually I forgot to mention one of the thoughts I had earlier was that being single is far better because you apply yourself more to your work because you can use your sex drive.
uh, well, not necessarily-- refer to joke about married man w/24hrs to live :) . The difference is that your wife wants you to apply unused drives to cleaning and fixing stuff.

This, in a nutshell, is the whole deal:

There was a nature show I was watching, discussing the long tailed lizard of the SW desert in the US. There are no males of this species, each lizard is an exact clone of it's single female parent. The females are able to fertilize themselves, but this requires another female to mount them in a faux intercourse to trigger the action, the theory is that this is vestigal behavior from the time in which male long tailed lizards existed and triggers some biochemical mechanism.

The question was raised that this might be the end game for all of evolution: males being an intermediate necessity in the current era.

It seems likely that most women would do without men if they could a) still have babies, b) not find it too hard to fix and c) clean cruddy stuff and someone more credible to tell them their clothes don't make them look fat; and certainly most women want all other better looking women to go away.

So, really, we're being kept around in order to help them invent and build things that perform functions a, b and c. :)

and of course, yeh, well, not really.
Last edited by mikemc on Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:38 pm

Sexes think differently but very similiarly. I made some very bad relationships last longer than they had to, and got burned in the process. Not everyone is made for each other, just because their parts fit nicely.

I try to never take my girlfirend for granted. I treat it like walking a tightrope. The longer I balance things, the greater the constantly building experience, and less chance of a crash.

You owe it to yourself to take care of yourself first and foremost at all times. You will know a woman is worth it when taking care of yourself and her first and foremost are not mutually exclusive phenomenons.

Anything else, in my experience, is just sex. Sex is an aggressive act. Agression is dubiously rational, so in my opinion both party's are at fault.

Boobs are always fun to look at though. :D

Afterall, they are the first source of nutrition we ever come across, and milk is full of chemicals that relelase dopamine in our brains.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 pm

All women are insane, once I realised that, my world became much more simple. Then there's times I catch myself being a big dumb boy and wonder how any woman could stand me.

All I never needed to know about women I learned at the age of 8 from Rolph and Kermit in The Muppet Movie, I wish I paid more attention.

"Can't live with em
Can't live without em
There's something irresistabullish about em
They made a monkey out of ol' King Kong
I hope that something better comes along"

It's one of those constants in life that has made all males from all species ask themselves, "is it worth it? is it really worth it?" Unfortunately it is. :roll:

udp

Post by udp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:41 pm

forge wrote:
udp wrote:I find that at least sometimes the siglemost drag on my creative productivity is my wife and kids. No wonder most artists are singe or divorced. It's hard to write music and discipline my daughters and pick up their messes at the same time. gues those are the consequences of choosing to start a family. Hope you find a great woman, but maybe single isn't so bad.
too true - that's kind of what I mean - my boy is the most inspiring thing in my world, but it's so hard to enjoy because his mother is some kind of leech like creature who lives of my energy, so I am constantly sucked dry, and not in a good way.
The worst part is my wife is a musician. She's a freekin' HIgh School band director and still is resentful of every minute I spend writing music, even if it is lucky enough to get public performance. Sheesh.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:51 pm

"Can't live with em
Can't live without em
I prefer Norm from Cheers: "Can't live with em, pass the beer nuts"

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:57 pm

bigbadotis wrote:"Can't live with em, pass the beer nuts"
:lol:

tokyojoe69

Post by tokyojoe69 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:07 pm

[quote="Angstrom"]my GF is really cool, I think we've had about 1 argument in our 10 years together. she is also a pervert, which is nice.

two more points to illustrate her greatness
she wants [i]me[/i] to get [i]her[/i] a BCF2000 for Xmas
she is a burlesque dancer.

:D[/quote]

What dreams are made of... Does she have a sister?

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:23 pm

I can understand the whole "Women are evil" concept, because I think that many women do play games. Of course, so do men, so there's this perpetual multi-mind-frak going on at all times, each sex out mind-fraking the other. Sad, but happens all the time, especially in your 20s. Having said that, I gotto tell you guys, that the species that can produce one of these

is worth every headache, every mind-frak, every two-week-insanity, every heartbreak. :)

radeon

Post by radeon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:32 pm

Who the hell starts a thread like this on a forum supposed to be about ableton live. You think anybody cares??. Go write to your dailies agony aunt or something wimp! :roll: :roll:

forge

Post by forge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:08 pm

robin wrote:Here you go Forge this will cheer you up :)

----
Husbands 'R'Us

Recently a "Husband Super Store" opened where women could go to choose a
husband from among many men.
It was laid out over five floors, with the men increasing in positive
attributes as you ascended.
The only rule was, once you opened the door to any floor, you HAD to choose
a man from that floor;
if you went up a floor, you couldn't go back down except to leave the
place, never to return.
A couple of girlfriends went to the shopping centre to find some husbands.
First floor
The door had a sign saying, "These men have jobs and love kids."
The women read the sign and said, "Well, that's better than not having ajob
or not loving kids,
but I wonder what's further up?" So up they went.
Second floor
The sign read, "These men have high paying jobs, love kids, and are
extremely good looking."
"Hmmm," said the ladies, "But, I wonder what's further up?"
Third floor
This sign read, "These men have high paying jobs, are extremely good
looking, love kids and help with the housework."
"Wow," said the women, "Very tempting." But there was another floor, so
further up they went."
Fourth floor
This door had a sign saying "These men have high paying jobs, love kids,
are extremely good looking, help with the housework and have a strong
romantic streak."
"Oh, mercy me," they cried, "Just think what must be awaiting us further
on!"
So up to the fifth floor they went.
Fifth floor
The sign on that door said, "This floor is empty and exists only to prove
that women are f**king impossible to please.
The exit is to your left.
We hope you fall down the stairs."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

spot on.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:17 pm

If you think about it, being gay would be great wouldn't it? "Can you be arsed to clean up?" "Nah." "Me neither... pub time?" "Yeah.".

Not sure about the sleeping with men bit, though.