Preview not in sync with tempo 9.2.1?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
J_OLIVER

Preview not in sync with tempo 9.2.1?

Post by J_OLIVER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:48 pm

I can't get sample preview to sync to the current tempo, with raw not enabled.
I start a new set, click PLAY, and preview samples, but they do not sync to the tempo with the RAW button turned off.
I searched the manual but there are no other instructions than the following:

"With the Raw button enabled, files will preview at their original tempo and will not loop. With Raw disabled, Live will try to preview files in sync with the current Set, so that you can better judge which samples will work for ..."

I have tried matching the tempo, moving the tempo to say 10 bpm faster or slower. I've tried adjusting the tempo with the clip playing, or while not playing and then relaunching the clip in the preview. Nothing seems to work.

John

J_OLIVER

Re: Preview not in sync with tempo 9.2.1?

Post by J_OLIVER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:05 pm

I think I found the answer. It would be nice if this was included in the manual.

To correctly preview samples at the current project tempo, ensure that the Preferences for Loop/Warp Short Samples are not set to unwarped one shot.

scrubydoo

Post by scrubydoo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:53 am

I'm having this issue with 9.7.7. Still cant resolve it. Been causing me trouble for some time.

pottering

Post by pottering » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 am

Did you try what J_OLIVER wrote?:

"To correctly preview samples at the current project tempo, ensure that the Preferences for Loop/Warp Short Samples are not set to unwarped one shot."

For clarity's sake, not only short but long samples have to be (auto-)warped too, and "Auto" in Loop/Warp Short Samples can end up setting files to "unwarped one shot" too, so may want to set it to "warped one-shot" to make sure they all warp as one-shot.

Basically non-warped files won't sync, on the Project or in the Browser.

Not sure, but you may need to delete the .asd files after enabling auto-warp for short and long samples, they may hold warp info.
♥♥♥

SLEEPER

Post by SLEEPER » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

this saved my life. thank you!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: