A growing list of VST3 problems in Ableton: Extreme Sluggishness and GUI Freezing. It's time to fix it.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
IAMDOOMED

Re: A growing list of VST3 problems in Ableton: Extreme Sluggishness and GUI Freezing. It's time to fix it.

Post by IAMDOOMED » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:36 pm

I have this problem with Phaseplant and somtimes plugins like pro-q and Ozone Imager 2. horrible lags on playback and they can lead to crashing the daw.

dcyse

Re: A growing list of VST3 problems in Ableton: Extreme Sluggishness and GUI Freezing. It's time to fix it.

Post by dcyse » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

petal wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:31 pm

Does anybody know if Ableton have acknowledged the problem as theirs to solve?
Not as far as I’ve seen.

What I’d hope to see is at least a line in the release notes for Live 12 saying issues with stability etc. of VST3 plug-ins resolved.

Balchie

Post by Balchie » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm

One solution which I tried which worked was to use the plug in Unify and then load the Korg VST inside that. It acts as a wrapped and all the load times are instant. It's a paid plugin but it's a solution that works today.

ThomasKlemp

Post by ThomasKlemp » Thu May 09, 2024 8:11 am

I have reported this issue two years ago, when Avenger and Rapid have been my main synths with this problem.
During this time Parawave has fixed Rapid, that the preset change now runs smooth.
Ableton was able to reproduce this behaviour and told me as workaround to use VST2.
Now after two years I got an increased list of synths like all new Korg plugins, Sonic Academy Ana2, all Gforce Synths and Minimal Audio Current.
I have asked them often what happened with my ticket and the last time, they told me, that not many users experience the same problem, so it’s not in their priority to fix it.
They can’t really handle VST3 - also all PSP plugins are crashing Ableton. To ignore such a big bug is very unprofessional and in most cases like Korg there is no work around, because there is no VST2 anymore.
Korg is also in Contact with Ableton since one year, but nothing has happened

cids

Post by cids » Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 am

ThomasKlemp wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:11 am
I have reported this issue two years ago, when Avenger and Rapid have been my main synths with this problem.
During this time Parawave has fixed Rapid, that the preset change now runs smooth.
Ableton was able to reproduce this behaviour and told me as workaround to use VST2.
Now after two years I got an increased list of synths like all new Korg plugins, Sonic Academy Ana2, all Gforce Synths and Minimal Audio Current.
I have asked them often what happened with my ticket and the last time, they told me, that not many users experience the same problem, so it’s not in their priority to fix it.
They can’t really handle VST3 - also all PSP plugins are crashing Ableton. To ignore such a big bug is very unprofessional and in most cases like Korg there is no work around, because there is no VST2 anymore.
Korg is also in Contact with Ableton since one year, but nothing has happened
Hi Thomas, I think the issue is more specific than this. I'm using VST3s all the time, including Korg, GForce and some PSPs - no issues at all
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

cids

Post by cids » Thu May 09, 2024 11:27 am

ThomasKlemp wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:21 am
It’s on windows
Thanks for the clarification
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2