Follow Action having a mind of its own

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MonoTeksist

Follow Action having a mind of its own

Post by MonoTeksist » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:40 pm

If I create a clip, say 4.5 bars long and tell Live to play the next one after that through Follow Action, it always loops the current one for a bit and only THEN plays the next one.
The Quantize setting doesn't do what it's supposed to do and keeps on stubbornly playing part of the same clip before playing the next one.
Same with the Linked/Unlinked function: doesn't work properly either.

This has been around since Live 10 and version 11 is no different.
Is this a persistent bug or am I overlooking something?

pottering

Re: Follow Action having a mind of its own

Post by pottering » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:34 am

Maybe you set clip quantization (in the Clips themselves) besides None or Global?

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/launc ... ow-actions
Note that a clip Follow Action happens exactly after the duration that is specified by the Follow Action Time controls unless clip quantization is set to a value other than “None“ or “Global.“ Follow Actions circumvent global quantization but not clip quantization.
♥♥♥

MonoTeksist

Re: Follow Action having a mind of its own

Post by MonoTeksist » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:07 pm

pottering wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:34 am
Maybe you set clip quantization (in the Clips themselves) besides None or Global?

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/launc ... ow-actions
Note that a clip Follow Action happens exactly after the duration that is specified by the Follow Action Time controls unless clip quantization is set to a value other than “None“ or “Global.“ Follow Actions circumvent global quantization but not clip quantization.
Ableton releases version 12 and this MAJOR 11 bug still exists ...
I did NOT set clip quantization to a value other than “None“ or “Global.“, it is at "None".
So I hit play clip 1 and clip 2 isn't even blinking, indicating it will NOT play after clip 1's finished playing.
And, exactly so, after clip 1 finishes playing all playback stops.

Ableton, do you have any financial interest in dragging huge bugs from a previous version over to the current one?

Get. Your. Loop. Action. Bug. Fixed. :x :evil: :evil: