Having problems mapping SQ Atom to multiple instruments and effects

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
jjsupreme

Having problems mapping SQ Atom to multiple instruments and effects

Post by jjsupreme » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:47 am

Ok so here is my problem

(Example) On midi track one I have an instrument (model72) and on the same track midi track one I have a softube EQ effect

When I try to map the midi on the model72 synth it turns the same knobs on the softube eq ,ive got 8 knobs on the sq atom to do all the work and they are turning all parameters that I have done in midi learn in live 11 but I feel I’m just missing a little something here

Basically I want the knobs to switch between the model72 synth and the softube EQ

Any help would save me some headache ,thanks

yur2die4

Re: Having problems mapping SQ Atom to multiple instruments and effects

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:29 pm

There’s a lot to wrap one’s head around with this and you may or may not already have some options already at your disposal.

The main thing is what’s called a ‘control surface’, and if you want to make your own custom one, you search the net for ‘midi remote script’.

Long story short, any device you tap the header on, highlighted, a blue hand appears on that device signaling that your controller now controls that device.

As for which parameters, that either has to do with the plug-in ‘configure’ settings or just setting up a Rack with Macros.