Session clips used to start on next beat?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
la.belqis

Session clips used to start on next beat?

Post by la.belqis » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:44 am

I swear I would normally hit the clip I wanted to play next and it would wait a beat or two to join in on the next "1" beat... now it plays as soon as I hit the clip and it is throwing everything off. I looked through the forum but couldn't find anything to match this situation exactly... the loop in arrangement view is not toggled, the clips are set to global quantize, and I haven't changed any other settings intentionally...

Anyone have any idea how to get the clips to start on the next beat rather than right when I hit them?

Pitch Black

Re: Session clips used to start on next beat?

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:35 am

If all the clips are all set to Global Quantize, is the actual Global Quantize setting set to 1 Bar?

There are some key commands that change the Global Quantize setting (see below - CNTRL + number on PC) perhaps you accidentally hit one of those?

MBP M1Max | Sonoma 14.5 | Live 12.0.1 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3T | A clump of controllers
Soundcloud
Ableton Certified Trainer

la.belqis

Re: Session clips used to start on next beat?

Post by la.belqis » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:43 pm

YOU ANGEL! That's exactly what it was and I didn't know that affected the global quantize, I messed with it when I was trying to get the metronome to count me in. Thank you!!