Dostrece Radio Wants Your Live Sessions!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DostreceRadio

Dostrece Radio Wants Your Live Sessions!!

Post by DostreceRadio » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:41 pm

Dostrece Radio have started up a monthly showcase of Live sessions. Each month we will be choosing our favourite submissions and they will be streamed for a month on our radio site.

Any style of music is welcome and the sessions can be simple cut and paste affairs to full on shows created using Live. There is also no time restriction, as long as it´s under two hrs ;)
For example, techno dj Paul Mac was Septembers winner, with a 20 minute long mash up of funk breaks, next month we will have a drum&bass session from 23Hz, we have some old archives to post with an RnB band that use Live for their tracks, so the scope is unlimited... the idea being to showcase the software´s capabilities to a worldwide audience and the mixes we choose get sent some Ableton goodies :)

To find out more, go check out the site, www.dostreceradio.net or drop an email to info@dostreceradio.net and we look forward to hearing your works.

Cheers
Last edited by DostreceRadio on Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jahnlay

Post by jahnlay » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:51 pm

Sounds good, will check it out :D
"It's better to burn out than to fade away!"

amo

Post by amo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:19 am

yep, I flag that thread for later checking. Thanks.
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:42 am

Your E mail info@dostreceradio.net does not work, my mail bounced.

DostreceRadio

Post by DostreceRadio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:03 pm

yes, sorry... it should be working now... different day different probs n all...
cheers!

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:47 pm

Nice one! I have an hour long Ableton Live set called :"ColorBeadsSession" on my page here.
It's on the click house, dub house, ambient side, and flows non stop like a 66mn mix. If you like it, i can provide better quality mp3.

Cheers

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:34 pm

DostreceRadio wrote:yes, sorry... it should be working now... different day different probs n all...
cheers!
no it does not work, bounced again

DostreceRadio

email

Post by DostreceRadio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:20 pm

sorry mate but it works for me, try going to the dostreceradio.net website and using it from there but info@dostreceradio.net is working.

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:31 pm

Hi,

What do mean by Live session? A dj-set mixed with Live or a live-set played
with Live?

All the best,

heliumbaboon

Post by heliumbaboon » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:00 pm

the addy didn't work for me either, but here's a link to a mix of mine if you want to download it.

http://heliumbaboon.com/wp/?p=13

dostrece radio

Post by dostrece radio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:35 pm

ok. let´s forget the email thing til another day... we´re looking into it.

and by Live session it can be anything you want... we are trying to show the versatility of the software... so yes you can send us a dj set with Live... although it´s pretty easy to do that and we would prefer if that´s the case that you have tweaked and twisted the songs to the full capabilities of Live and not just crossfaded for an hour ;)
If you have sessions using your own music then great, as a radio station we are always up for supporting new music as much as we can.
(even if you just wanna send us your demo tracks we have ears here)

so to recap... innovative ¨sessions¨ pushing Live´s capabilities is what we´re after... you decide what you send.
cheers

dostrece radio

Thanks

Post by dostrece radio » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:11 pm

Cheers to all those that have got intouch via this forum or directly... it's great listening to how differently you all use Live, some really good stuff out there.
Keep intouch!

DostreceRadio

Post by DostreceRadio » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:55 pm

xuoham wrote:Nice one! I have an hour long Ableton Live set called :"ColorBeadsSession" on my page here.
It's on the click house, dub house, ambient side, and flows non stop like a 66mn mix. If you like it, i can provide better quality mp3.

Cheers

Thanks for this link mate... we are posting the Mirror Room file up today as we think it is pretty cool! We'll send you your t-shirt and stuff soon!!!! Thanks again and nice one.