Preset store and recall function

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Udo Behm

Preset store and recall function

Post by Udo Behm » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:08 am

I need the ability to save and recall presets of plug-in devices like Komplete Kontrol or Battery. I like being able to save the states as FXP- or FXB-files. However, if there is no option or device or something that can recall and even pre-load these fxp files (without consuming CPU) they do not really make sense to me, only in case I want to use and load them in another project. Same for ADG-files...

Can you implement a function to save and recall presets of instruments and to easily switch between the different "states" of the instruments (not only the parameters, but also the whole device state with loaded plug-in and chosen patch as well)?? I want to switch though these "states" and plugins all from one click and being able to pre-define such devices in order I can quickly switch through them without having to load several devices with other "states" in chains or something else...

S4racen

Re: Preset store and recall function

Post by S4racen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:32 pm

This is down to the manufacturer of the VST to implement.

Cheers
D

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:50 pm

But since Komplet Kontrol does not provide this. Would there be an option creating such a device that can store, let's say up to 16 presets that can be recalled at any time? Maybe this device could simply open a saved ADG or FXP file that can be implemente in the list that the device would provide??

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:39 pm

No

Cheers
D

hydrogen

Post by hydrogen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:27 pm

you can sort of do this using clyphx recall with the clyphx addon. but you are limited to 128 parameters and if there are unexposed parameters you cant recall them either. but so far i have it working with many synth based vsts.

samplers would probably be a different story. as you’d really need a way to select the patch/samples to losd.

i prefer to change patches in the parameterized way. because when most developers load their presets in the plugin... they tend stop the entire audio thread so ableton will usually glitch out when loading new presets.