Reverse Automation

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Play

Reverse Automation

Post by Play » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:41 pm

There has been a bunch of times I have programmed an automation to sweep upward then decided I would like to hear it sweeping downward. It would be nice to be able to select a section of the automation and reverse it. I think it would be a simple and handy little time saver...
MacPro Quad, Dual 23" Apple Displays-15" MacBook Pro-Logic8, Live7, PowerSuite5-MAudio BX8s-Mackie Control Universal, ReMOTE SL 37, Korg padKONTROL-Serato Scratch SL3 & VSL-2 Pioneer CDJ1000MK2s, Pioneer DJM800

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:15 pm

I experienced that yesterday. The track got finished today without reverse-automation, but it would have been handy on several occasions.

And of course: Automation curves!

Play

Post by Play » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:22 am

Yeah curves would be very helpful.

Ones with 3 handles maybe. Outer 2 define the total length/heigth and the center to control the slope/curve.

Then the ability to reverse them or any automation within the selected area...

Also, the ability to show three, four, or more automations at once but in different assignable colors. Click to select which automation to edit. Command + Click to select more than one automation. Then right click for options like reverse selected area automation, reverse entire track automation, link selected automations so that editing one edits all linked).

Lots of room for improvement here... LIVE 7 I hope.
MacPro Quad, Dual 23" Apple Displays-15" MacBook Pro-Logic8, Live7, PowerSuite5-MAudio BX8s-Mackie Control Universal, ReMOTE SL 37, Korg padKONTROL-Serato Scratch SL3 & VSL-2 Pioneer CDJ1000MK2s, Pioneer DJM800

aviavi

Re: Reverse Automation

Post by aviavi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:41 pm

+1 I would love to see a Rev. button (that could be assigned key/MIDI commands) in the clip Envelopes section.