When is the next update????

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Twine

When is the next update????

Post by Twine » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:56 pm

Is there going to be a new update for Live? the current version is very slow on my G4 Tibook OS X.

Needs fixing.

thanks,
Chad :?: :?: :!: :evil:

m-laboratories.net

for all who don't know.....

Post by m-laboratories.net » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:16 am

for those who don't know, TWINE makes some of the most amazing IDM, from Canada (right?) Nice stuff.

That aside, Chad, get yourself a PC :) Live is the last vesitge for us PC produicers, what with Logic going Mac only and ... Cubase, well, I won't even go there.....

Twine

Live on OS X

Post by Twine » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:53 pm

Hey, thanks for the compliment. We are actually from the US. I wish we were from Canada, though. :lol:

Anyhow, If I could afford to pick up a PC just for live, I'd do it. I love live. I just wish Live ran as well on my G4. I love my G4 for video editing. FC3 is amazing!!! And Cubase SX is the bomb 8O

Anyhow, Yeah, I hope the next update fixes the slow GUI I'm experiencing. I can't run many VST FX smoothly. I've had to go back to using OS 9.

anyhow,
Peace Ableton. Please help us poor OS X users enjoy your awesome software to the fullest!

:)

--=Chad
http://www.twinesound.com

dpel

Post by dpel » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:08 pm

yes.
i built a PC just for LIVE.
i was doing all of my composing on a mac with live and DP.
if you love live, get a PC. i still favour macs though.

dpel
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:43 am

maybe silly question @ twine: you are sure that you have the cpu power to "maximum" and not setted "automic"?

don´t buy a pc, buy a g3, ableton is faster on a ibook than on powerbook!:-) (i´ve tested that...)
greetings
evs

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:36 pm

Speed? Who cares. Try using Reaktor as a VST effect. Turn it off. Now you'll think Live is a speed demon. If you've got Reaktor 4, try using their live-alike tool, it won't even run on my Powerbook.

We need an update, but I'd rather have the program work right and be stable.

1. I haven't been able to use Reaktor as a VST and re-open a file after I've been working on it. I've lost Live sets several hundred scenes in length. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have any live sets with Reaktor as a VST effect saved successfully.

2. The program STILL doesn't guess the BPM of a lot of clips at all. My massive (20GB+ sample & loop) library is fucking useless.

It's been months since we've seen an update. That's fucking rediculous, especially considering Ableton doesn't write any other software.

No fucking excuses. You all admitted that you released a buggy program in order to pay people. You also made a promise that you'd fix problems, which was cool, but you haven't come through with your end of the bargain after taking our money.

It'll be July soon, at this pace, I doubt we'll ever see an update.

Bad software, worse support, and you continue to market the hell out of it. Ableton is the biggest laughing stock of a company I've ever seen.

Is Intakt out yet?