Can't get my BCR2000 to work

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
funkateer

Can't get my BCR2000 to work

Post by funkateer » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:47 pm

Can't seem to get my BCR2000 to be recognized properly by the B-Control Update utility (or Reason or Live). I have a Kontrol 49 connected via USB as well as the BCR2000. I've tried both U-1 and U-3 modes without luck.

1.07 was factory installed. When I try to install 1.10, the update utility gives the error:

Checking MidiPorts...
No Suitable device found!
Please choose another file using the OPEN button or connect an appropriate device and press the RESCAN button.

The strange thing is that when I first plugged the BCR2000 in, and before I installed the driver, Reason auto detected the BCR2000. It didn't work, but it did detect it and add it as a control surface. Now, with the 1.1.1.1 of the driver installed, Reason doesn't see the BCR2000.

The user's manual leaves something to be desired. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Akkust

Post by Akkust » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:51 pm

PC?
have the BCR too. Had also problems.
To your question:

While search before updating the updater looks for BCR's Midi destination. But if BCR's USB connection is incomplete (because generic XP drivers) it's Midi is not working - so no device will be found.

is the BCR really correct installed in you devices?
Look into Audio Devices in Device Manager. If it doesn't show the exact phrase "B-Control Rotary/Fader 2000..." but something like "AudioUSB device" you must kick XP into touch with the correct driver:

make driver update (in properties of the device) > own List/Path (not automaticly) > don't search > "Driver for B-Control.." ok,yes,neverthless,yes, really,no,ok,ok,ok ... or so ;)

When connected via USB I needed to "update the driver" for EACH physical usb port I connect it.

If...you need to update the BCR OS without luck via USB, set BCR Mode to S3 and connect it into another (hope you own some) Midi In to BCR Out2 (!) and Midi Out to BCR Midi In. Now the Behringer Updater helper should find the Behringer via midi ID search.

regards
Dietrich