Per month and per year subscriptions for ableton

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
jinek

Re: Per month and per year subscriptions for ableton

Post by jinek » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Quez wrote:Subscription-based Ableton will be the unfortunate and very sad end of Ableton for me. So I don't want it to happen.
And opening up the option of a subscription is like opening up Pandora's Box.
Yeah guys, I understand now.
Furthermore - third world war can happen, ok, we'd better don't mess with such kind of things.

jinek

Post by jinek » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:32 pm

robertaplant68 wrote:once you have reached the $449 (standard) in subscription fees, you own a license and don't need to pay anymore
That's false btw, coz you have to pay 449 for next version

You are already on subscription, but not so liquid as I offered.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 am

...why should ableton give you a credit without getting more cash than selling you the product for the regular price?...a subscription model will be an endless cashflow from your bank account to a company...not...good...!

if you would like to own a product save your money and then buy it...so simple...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

jinek

Post by jinek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 am

scheffkoch wrote:...why should ableton give you a credit without getting more cash than selling you the product for the regular price?...a subscription model will be an endless cashflow from your bank account to a company...not...good...!

if you would like to own a product save your money and then buy it...so simple...
Because some people want to use Ableton only two months in a year. This option will extend Ableton client base. This is win-win strategy for both clients and company

jinek

Post by jinek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:45 am

robertaplant68 wrote:
jinek wrote:
robertaplant68 wrote:once you have reached the $449 (standard) in subscription fees, you own a license and don't need to pay anymore
That's false btw, coz you have to pay 449 for next version

You are already on subscription, but not so liquid as I offered.
This is a wishlist section homie. The isn't set in stone. So, it cannot be false. I'm saying make it a subscription to a certain VERSION. Like the $449 would be say for Live 10. You own that license for 10. Now if you want to move on to version 11, you have to start subscribing all over until you reach the full price to own the 11 license. That's the thing. You don't have to move on to 11. It should not be forced.
Oh sorry, I did not understand u on first. Yep, that would be cool

titanisiam

Post by titanisiam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:46 pm

I still prefer owning my copy of whatever software and not "renting" it.

If Live switched to Subscription it may be the final kick I need to switch to a competitor's (non-subscription) product.

weswook

Post by weswook » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:13 pm

This is a great discussion, but I hope they don't go this route and here's why. The team that develops Live is limited in resources; time, talent, etc. The company would have to either hire or reassign employees to work on this, it's a strategic and demanding shift in their business model. Why is this bad (from my perspective)? I would personally rather Live focus on their core product and not their business model, make Live better and put energy into product development. Just my two cents.

Also, for those that want to try Live there is a demo available. For those that aren't power users, or those who don't use it regularly they make an affordable lite version. They have done a good job of providing solutions for the various needs of their user base, they don't need to go the Software as a Service route to do so.

jinek

Post by jinek » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:33 pm

BTW, cloud of plugins via subscription
http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/comp ... ent=header

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:09 pm

list of plugins to avoid and/or flatten ASAP if used before

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/comp ... ent=header