MP3 + Live 5 = completely f***in useless!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Captain Screwbarb

Post by Captain Screwbarb » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:44 pm

About the decoding cache:

Go to preferences, misc, and then at the section at the bottom about the decoding cache, click "clean up." Get's rid of all those wav files, and as far as I know the sets that the mp3's were in are unaffected.

computo

Post by computo » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:29 pm

atomic wrote:going off on how great macs are in an ableton live forum at the moment is just silly as I for one am totaly frustrated with how poorley it proforms on os X.
Well, I dont know whats going on with your dual G5 other than MANY G5 owners have had tons of issues...

And I am not debating the cpu usage, although I run an 867MHZ tibook, with 1 gig of ram, with Reason 3, Live 5 and MaxMSP running, and I hardly ever go above 50%.
and Im running hundreds of loops, and at least 12 plugins, including reverb and bitcrushers.

I was referring to the incorruptability of the Mac OS. I dont know whats with your mac, but Windows platform crashes programs that arent faulty, and crashes itself all the time, especially when lots of tasks are tossed its way. In the studio, you have the luxury of sitting through crashes. As far as live performance, and playing out, Macs by far surpass the reliability of PCs.

zekrab

Post by zekrab » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:43 pm

computo wrote: I was referring to the incorruptability of the Mac OS. I dont know whats with your mac, but Windows platform crashes programs that arent faulty, and crashes itself all the time, especially when lots of tasks are tossed its way. In the studio, you have the luxury of sitting through crashes. As far as live performance, and playing out, Macs by far surpass the reliability of PCs.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Dell inspiron 9100 P4 3,2Ghz, 512 Mo RAM, XP SP2, Echoindigo dj, Firewire 410, UC33e

segue

Post by segue » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:21 am

computo wrote:and people wonder why us mac users dont go PC...
...? You must have a Topic Jetpack on to be able to jump from one topic to another and somehow link them with your most tenuous of spiderwebs of relevance.

In short... WTF??!?!?!!?