When will Live copy locators in Arrangement View...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
DrumPadMan

When will Live copy locators in Arrangement View...

Post by DrumPadMan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 pm

I need to copy tracks in arrangement view with the locators in place to other tracks or sets but the locators do not copy... This would be so helpful when moving tracks to other sets and you want to keep the locators in place instead of doing all over again... My big Wish List...

Jinsai

Re: When will Live copy locators in Arrangement View...

Post by Jinsai » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:34 am

When you're playing live, do you work within the arrangement view? I'm curious about your method here. When I'm playing in a live context, I'm almost always exclusively working in Session view. What are the advantages (besides easy location-to-corresponding-video clip) as opposed to using scenes?

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:23 am

+1

Also: CTRL+plus for "insert locator at beginning of selection", would be much better than having to right-click precisely and move cursor to "add locator".

Another feature I would love is when recording from session view to arrangement, I wish each recorded scene change would add a locator in arrangement, with the scene's name on it.

---

Jinsai: He didn't say anything about playing live - a lot of people including myself use Live for composing music. I use session view for quickly coming up with ideas, and arrangement for putting it all together.

Jinsai

Post by Jinsai » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote: He didn't say anything about playing live - a lot of people including myself use Live for composing music. I use session view for quickly coming up with ideas, and arrangement for putting it all together.
I also use Live as a production tool, but I'm missing the advantage this would lend. If it was a new song, wouldn't you naturally always have different locator points which would correspond to the structure of the song you're making?

niharsavala

Post by niharsavala » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:11 pm

I am wondering if this feature has been looked into? I wonder if Ableton Forum is read by the dev team?

This is such an important command.

I use LIVE mostly in Arrng view, and have sets which are almost 1 hr long, with many locators. And its such a drag when i create new sets or copy paste certain sections from old sets {or even within current sets} i have to enter the each locator again manually.

I somehow don't understand why LIVE leaves out the Locators while pasting a section or copying it to another Set.
Why doesn't live have an sort of a conductor/tempo+timeSig track. Its such a drag to import midi files into LIVE which have timesig/tempo info.