ableton won't recognize qu-neo ..midi problems

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
enthawizeguy

ableton won't recognize qu-neo ..midi problems

Post by enthawizeguy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 am

I am having problems with ableton and the qu neo. it doesn't seem to be recognizing that the qu neo is plugged in. I selected it under midi but the input and outputs are still greyed out. I have tried restarting, repairing disc etc. Does anyone have any suggestion before i return this cause i have wasted half my day off and am getting frustrated . I also tried using the audio midi setup but its not working. Thanks in advance

fishmonkey

Re: ableton won't recognize qu-neo ..midi problems

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 am

have you installed the QuNeo software?

enthawizeguy

Post by enthawizeguy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes and I tried resetting my SMC and updating osx because I have the faulty USB early 2011 mbp. If I can't fix this today I'm returning it ... After waiting a year this stinks.

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Does Midi-OX recognize your device?

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm not sure there's much you can do if you have the crummy internal hub :? All I can really say is it works nicely on my 2012 MBP, but that doesn't mean crap to you and your 2011 model.

Silly question, have you tried the other port? iirc the rear port is the one attached to the internal hub and the front one is the one to use for "high power mode" since it isn't powering the keyboard, trackpad, bluetooth, etc.
miekwave wrote:Does Midi-OX recognize your device?
Windows-only program and the OP says they are on a Mac :wink:
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 pm

i've got an Early 2011 here, no problems. and what is this about bad internal hubs on Early 2011 models? i've never come across reports of that.

for Mac OS X try MIDI-Monitor.

also, you can see the layout of the internal hub using the System Profiler or System Information (depending on which version of Mac OS X you have).

sounds to me like a software problem, not a hardware one.

enthawizeguy

Post by enthawizeguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:18 pm

The qu neo FAQ says it should work fine if u reset SMC . What else could I do to software . Usually I have no problems. The editor seems to work fine . Also now my fans are running on high and won't stop which didn't happen before . How do I uninstall the quneo drivers?

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 pm

fishmonkey wrote:i've got an Early 2011 here, no problems. and what is this about bad internal hubs on Early 2011 models? i've never come across reports of that.
You've probably never heard of it because you don't have one with the 'bad' internal hub, so you never had to investigate it. Not everyone got one :) I didn't know about it either until I read the Quneo FAQ, but you can find it if you go looking around Google, Mac Rumors, and Apple Support forums.

Though usually the problem also exhibits itself by completely shutting down the port being used, and that doesn't seem to be the case here since the computer itself 'see's the Quneo, so maybe it's not a hub issue after-all.
enthawizeguy wrote:How do I uninstall the quneo drivers?
There are no drivers. If you want to uninstall the Editor, you can drag it's folder to the Trash, or use something like AppCleaner and drag the editor into it to try and remove any little files that are in the Library, etc.

I wonder if you got a dud? Have you tried another cable? Mine shipped with a faulty one, but it only caused intermittent power issues, not the problem you're having.
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

enthawizeguy

Post by enthawizeguy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Ya it worked right away on my Mac Mini... My mpd isn't recognized either . Does anyone know how to tell if SmC reset worked cause I am pushing the buttons but it doesn't seem to work an the light on the power cord doesn't change . I don't wanna waste 2 hours of my time
Going to the apple store unless I have to cause I know they r gonna try and make me pay which I won't or wanna format my drive and do a restore first. Anyone else have this problem

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 am

does the port work at all, with anything? a USB flash drive? or is it completely dead?

sometimes the LED on the MagSafe connector changes colour when you do an SMC reset, most times for me it doesn't.