Back to arrangement button causing trouble

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
kflak

Back to arrangement button causing trouble

Post by kflak » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm building a set where I've layed out the different tracks along a timeline in the arrange page. In addition to these base tracks I will also do some live recording and looping in different clips. To control the timeline I've set up a bunch of locators, and mapped these to midi notes. The notes are sent from qlab, a cueing program for running shows. Now, everything is running pretty smoothly, after some initial troubles, but one very annoying thing keeps happening: When I trigger an automated filtersweep on one of the base tracks with qlab the Back to arrangement button goes all red on me, and one of the base tracks go grey and stops sounding! What can be the cause of this behavior, and, more importantly, how do I get rid of it? Grateful for any help...
MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.6.5, Live 8.2.1, Cubase 5.5, Presonus Firebox, AKAI MPD24, Evolution UC33, Powercore Compact, lots of other stuff...

kflak

Re: Back to arrangement button causing trouble

Post by kflak » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 pm

bump...
MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.6.5, Live 8.2.1, Cubase 5.5, Presonus Firebox, AKAI MPD24, Evolution UC33, Powercore Compact, lots of other stuff...

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Honey, honey see me
Behind my Gameboy
I got game girl
It comes easy
Let go your shoulders
My popsicle it’s so sweetsie
Turn back that spark
Don’t hesitate
And you believe me
Ya bitch believe me

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 pm

back to arrangement causes nothing but trouble, imo, my #1 feature request would be its disappearance, lol

usually its telling you that you are altering the automation that you have established, so removing all automation, or at least all automation for the parameter that you want to tweak on-the-fly does the trick

but sometimes its got a mind of its own.... :x :evil: :| :roll: :x